Mar 30, 2013

Birthday Card and Mixed Media.

Hello Everyone
I do hope you are all having a relaxing weekend, and finding some time to spend creating, I have been playing with my paints and crayons, making some backgrounds for future projects; nothing in mind, I am a designer who sits, looks and creates, a simple process really, though I have to admit I do spend waste quite a bit time just looking!!!!
Anyway, I did complete a card yesterday, that I rather like, it was nothing like I first envisaged, but then many of my creations end up this way.
I will go through the 6 steps on how I created my background;

1) I coloured up some Cardstock  with water-colour oil pastels; blues/greens
2) Sprayed the same hues with dylusions inks
3) Stencilled a design with Archival Black.
4) Sprayed a little 'Biscotti' perfect pearls.
5) I dry embossed once everything was dry.
6) And last of all, I used my forefinger to dab iridescent Gold over the raised areas.



I had this moulded flower that I have been itching to add to a card, so I layered some Black organza and some open weave stuff (this is not burlap), it is wrapped around the Flowers that dearest one gives to me. (after what I went through the last week some are due soon I think!)
I just paint some gel medium over it before I die cut, it prevents the fibres from falling to pieces.
I needed to add some other elements to balance it out, so I opted for the buttons.

I found a new Challenge Blog this week that I thought I would enter with a great name:
Card Makin Mamas -'NO PATTERNED PAPER'. I am assuming that when it states no patterned paper it means no purchased pattern paper, if I am incorrect then this is a non starter, perhaps I should have clarified this first. Oh well I can enter again another time.
So I thought I would enter the Charisma Cardz Challenge-'Happy Birthday' as well as I know it will qualify.

Thank you for visiting,
Smiles:)
Sue.

16 comments:

Greta said...

You are the master of gorgeous backgrounds, Sue! Boy do I love the look you achieved here! Wonderful card & I'm sure it qualifies for both challenges. Enjoy your Easter weekend!

Barb said...

I do hope your hubby is feeling better! Love this amazing card with its gorgeous background! Wonderful colors and texture, as always! Happy Easter to you, Sue! :)

Rosemary said...

I must agree with Greta... you truly are the master (or should I say mistress??) of gorgeous backgrounds. This one is beautiful, as is the overall card! I do hope that your hubby is doing better and that you have a wonderful and relaxing Easter!!

Jennifer Grissom said...

Wowzers! All this talent floating in cardville.

PS-I have blog candy. I'm giving away a $25 Etsy Gift Certificate.

Buttons said...

Love this panel Sue. What a glorious mix of media and the finished colours are so special. And then of course you use my favourite embossing folder:) Have a happy and relaxing Easter. Hugs, Jenny x

Brenda Brown said...

Your background is divine Sue, a mix of wonderful colour and texture that is perfect on this card.
Wishing you a happy Easter.
Hugs Brenda xox

Ira Huberts said...

Beautiful tag with a gorgeous background Sue, such rich colours! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Joan said...

That background is fantabulous Sue and I love the colours

Joan

Mary J said...

Oh I love the embossing, inking and fabric!

butterfly said...

Gorgeous inking, and the embossing makes it even more special - fab make!
Alison x

Bunny said...

This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz. And good luck,.

Caz xx CC DT

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow...the background of this card is gorgeous!!! Love the shinny effect and the flower is so beautiful! ^_^

Lisa M said...

Eye quenching creation Onion! The patina is so beautifully crafted and I especially love the curvature at the bottom of your focal point which follows through on the sentiment..it's gorgeous and you're obviously having a wonderful time in your crafty room! Here's to hoping you receive those those well deserved flowers soon. ;)
Hugs,
Quirks

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...luv the look! Hope you have a fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

Leah the Orange said...

oh my goomie... this is seriously beautiful! love everything you've done with that paper - i need to bust out some mixed media and PLAY! thanks for the inspiration, and for sharing with the Charisma Galz! :)

aworkofheart said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! I am in awe of your stunning work. I am a newbie at this card making and I just love looking around and seeing what other people can do, I just sit here and drool! This one I must say is one of the coolest! Hugs, Cathryn