Mar 16, 2013

Analogous Colour Canvas.

Hello Everyone,



Your Analogous colours sit next to each other on the colour wheel.
Choose one colour to dominate, a second to support. The third colour is used (along with black, white or grey) as an accent.  

Have a play, you will be surprised on the results you achieve.
My primary colour is blue on my canvas.
I apologise at this stage that I do not have a tutorial, I honestly was so involved in designing on the day that it was consigned into oblivion, I will make another canvas at some stage and I will do a tutorial for you. 
But for now you will have to read!
The canvas was first prepared with a layer of White Gesso, I know I am suppose to let this dry first before adding more media, but like many artists I am too impatient.

My image has been stamped with Archival ink on a die-cut heart and glued down with multi medium, I added a die-cut border on the top and some lace on the bottom, then it was a case of adding trinkets and metal things, along with the flowers in a design that I found pleasing.
I now grabbed my dylusions inks-Bubblegum Pink, Crushed Grape, and London Blue, masked off the image and spayed away, to finish I sprayed over with Biscotti Perfect Pearls and once dry I painted the whole canvas in Multi Medium Matte.

As you all know by now I love texture, and this Canvas has plenty.
The artist in me has to veer away from cards occasionally.
Have a play with Analogous colours, you do not have to use inks and get all messy, you can use paper or paints.

Smiles:)
Sue
 

13 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great challenge and a superb canvas for inspiration. You have definitely shown your artistic side here.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Violets Corner said...

Wow, this is absolutely fabulous Sue. Love it to bits!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Tracie Dean said...

Truly gorgeous! Love the flowers!!!

butterfly said...

Totally fabulous canvas, and what a great challenge!
Alison x

Lisa M said...

Give me an A "A", give me a W "W", give me an E "E"..Okay that's just gonna take too long... It's AWESOME Onion!! Your canvas has me grinning like the Cheshire Cat, from ear to ear. Your work on this analogous color scheme turned out so stunningly. Your floral arrangements are just beautiful and your work will most certainly intrigue everyone and inspire them to play along in your challenge. I know I will!!!
I loved seeing your talent displayed on this canvas. Job well done :)
hugs,
Quirks

Mary J said...

WOW! Another stunning original make, Sue! The texture is amazing and I love the pearls and flowers!

Rosemary said...

stunning canvas, sue... i think it would be so fun to just sit and watch you create! nevermind all the lovely new things i would learn along the way!!

Dawn Turley said...

My goodness Sue... To try and emulate this is certainly going to be a challenge. I just can't believe how stunning this is.

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a stunning piece of artwork, Sue. Love the way you created the gorgeous texture. Love this fun challenge, thank you! ^_^

Ira Huberts said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, that´s what this is! Gosh, I love those beautiful colours, pretty image and awesome flowers, truly gorgeous Sue!! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW, Thats quite a challenge Sue.
Loved how you described a Square! LOL
Gorgeous canvas! your an inspiration to us all.
Hugs Lynn

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--truly a masterpiece to add to your collection, Sue! I'm drooling over those incredible flowers--takes my breath away! I will give your challenge a try--I can make a square card--we'll see about the rest--LOL!

Lili said...

Fabulous canvas,full of texture and details. Thanks for the fun challenge.
Hugs ;)