Mar 26, 2013

A Tulip

Hello Everyone.
Today I have a card that is embellishment free!!!
I am jumping from artistic madness to unadorned simplicity at the moment, what does that say about me? I was given a couple of Memory Box cut-outs of the Tulip... it is not a die-cut that you can place on an over-embellished card, because it is far too dainty, so I knew I had to refrain from over doing it on the card.
 My first thought was to stick it on as is, but what was the point in that, I mean I have to have some satisfaction that I have least made an effort of sorts to make the tulip stand out in all it's gorgeousness.
As you can see I paper pieced the heads which I inked up in Dylusions  'bubblegum pink' and popped them up to create a 3d effect.
 
The White embossed border is Stampers Anonymous.
My background is Distress inks-Victorian Velvet and Peeled Paint.
The sentiment is Craft Secrets, after it was stamped I went around it with a White Pen.
I could not leave it without adding some dyed lace and a ribbon.

 Entering into Challenge at Kaboodle Doodles- Easter or Early Spring.

Thanks for visiting.  
Smiles:)
Sue 

15 comments:

Barb said...

Love what you've done with that pretty die-cut, Sue! "simply" beautiful! :)

Greta said...

Wowzer--this is just gorgeous, Sue! Love those beautiful flowers & I'd never thought to put peeled paint & victorian velvet together--will have to try it. The white embossed border is really lovely. Really makes me think Spring!

Rita said...

How fabulous this looks Sue. Beautiful work. Hugs Rita xx

Arlene said...

So lovely. Just beautiful. The cut-outs are marvelous.

walchowDesign said...

To me this is a not simple card to make but love how you transformed a simple diecut into something warm, Sue!

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed for the die-cut Sue and gorgeous colours too.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Ira Huberts said...

What a fabulous way to use that die cut Sue, so pretty! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Rosemary said...

I was quite surprised by the restraiint you have shown on this card, Sue! But even though have not embellished it the way you normally would the card still conveys that richness of texture that you are known for! It is beautiful!! I must thank you for your lovely comment on my most recent post. It truly made my day!!

Kailash said...

You used that die so beautifully, the card has such a lovely vintage look to it!!

Yvonne Garner said...

Your card is amazing! I love the background and the dimension you added to the tulips. Well done!

Dawn Turley said...

Beautiful Sue. Your are so right not to over embellish. These tulips deserve to be the focus of your card. The touch of lace finishes the card perfectly

Lisa M said...

The movement in the card is superb. The background hues blend so well to support a sway in the tulips as they emerge so gracefully from the earth. It's a gorgeous pastel pallet full of pop on the focal point and your dainty embellishes are just the right amount. A fantastic job on this card and I love the shadowed sentiment ver much!
Q

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Sue, this card is so elegant! Love the beautiful background colors and the tulips are just gorgeous! Great design! ^_^

Mary J said...

What a beautiful card, Sue! The tulips are stunning and I love the double sentiment stamping!

Joan said...

Beautiful, love how you have paper pieced the die cut and your background is lovely