Feb 9, 2013

One out of the Box!

Hello everyone,
Inspirational photo.
Today I have something very different to show you, this week at Our Creative Corner our hostess Lisa, has set a very quirky challenge: 'Party like it's Mardi Gras'  and she has included an inspirational photo.


Initially I didn't have a clue what I was going to make, a card was out of the question, and I thought a decoration of some sort would be too difficult, so I opted for a tag.

I found a  mask on the Internet, printed it out, then proceeded to de-construct by fussy cutting, altering some areas and then redesigning the mask.














I die-cut a scroll, and painted it in gold acrylic and then dry embossed for some texture.
I finished off by adding the blue feathers, to create the drama and excitement that you see in the photo.
It is like nothing I have ever made before, very different, very unique, and a bit quirky, perfect for Lisa's last challenge as a Dt with us at OCC. (sniff).

Hope you can join us this week,  and as is my want, I will encourage you to hop over to see what my teamies have come up with.

Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks for visiting.
Smiles :-)
Sue.


13 comments:

Mary J said...

Wow! Those blue feathers enhanced by the blue gems really makes this pop, Sue! Love it!

Dawn Turley said...

Amazing Sue. It certainly is one out of the box.

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is fantastic gosh, those feathers really add to the drama and the detail is just brilliant could look at this all day hugs Cheyrlxxxx

walchowDesign said...

Wow! Amazing mask project, Sue! If I need a mask, I shall copy your lovely mask!

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully striking tag Sue, love how you have used the mask and the feathers. A very unique and original piece,
hugs [brenda] x0x

Lisa M said...

Hi Onion :)
Please refer to the comment left on the DT blog where I "ooooooed" and "awwwed" over your fantabulous expression of creativity. I really, really, really love this piece!!!
Thank you so much for going over the top on this, it's BEAUTIFUL. :D
hugs,
Quirks

Evelyn S. said...

It's absolutely fabulous, Sue! Is it truly dimensional, as it appears? If so, how in the world did you "curve" the face? I love it, and those blue feathers are so beautiful.

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fantastic project, Sue. I love the gorgesous mask and feather. Your creation is always fabulous!!! ^_^

SanDee1899 said...

The Papers craft World do need more people like you who do honestly give feedback to craft project and motivate the people to go some "experimental" way. I just loved what you say and become a big fan of the Person "SUE!"
Cheers,
SanDee

Ira Huberts said...

That is just so beautiful! Love your mask creation with the gorgeous blue feathers! Seemed we both had Mardi Gras in mind! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lili said...

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful! That blue in the feathers is so vivid, that it really creates drama and excitement. You did a great job with the mask too.
Hugs ;)

Greta said...

I'm completely blown away, Sue! You are amazing! I could never have thought of this--fabulous tag!

Rosemary said...

oh my goodness... i cannot believe i missed this gorgeous piece of creativity!! absolutely stunning work, sue... absolutely stunning!!