Feb 2, 2013

Not so Mushy!

Hello Everyone,
This is my second attempt at writing this post, the first was inadvertently deleted as I was editing...... positively exasperating!
I am having one of those days where the brain is being difficult, whatever is lurking around in there is causing havoc, as I appear to be a bit moony today, perhaps it is because I had to make a card that contained some Mush.... which means- soft and slushy.

This weeks Challenge at Our Creative Corner.
Our lovely Lisa in her usual quirky way set the theme-  'Make Mine Mushy!'
(A Valentine card) what the heck; Mushy...how would it connect to Valentine and Love.
So me being me looked it up, and found there are two definitions, the first as I mentioned above, but there is another and that is- excessively sentimental or emotional. When I read this I sat very quiet for a moment........ thinking......hard.
Now you understand why my brain is frazzed!
Oh, and there is also a Sketch!
I had no Mush in me, not a smidgen.
Thank goodness for the Sketch to at least rekindle some creative juices, I pushed mushy to the recesses of the now incompetent brain, and proceeded head on making my Grid card.


I embossed some home made Bg paper and diecut the squares and heart.
My button was purchased from the Frilly and Funky boutique, I dripped some Alcohol ink on top of this to blend in with the Pink palette.
The background papers within the squares are Graphic 45. My two timepiece embellishments are Tim Holtz.


I've found this allegorical sentence on Google, which I thought would suffice for my mushy element!
It is so not me, I would burst out laughing if my dearest Rob sent me a card with these words on it. Not that he would send me a card as I am classed as Bah humbug when it comes to Valentines day. Mr Scrooge I certainly am not, I just cannot see the point of this day that's all.

Now you will have to agree that Lisa has created a challenge that on the surface appears relatively easy, and if you are disposed to a little Mushy, then this will be a breeze for you, the question, however, is if you are able to declare an excessive emotion onto paper?
This is the challenge!


You will be delighted to know that more mushiness can be found here as my fellow teamies have created wonderful pieces to inspire you.

Hope you will join us, have a great weekend,
Smiles :-)
Sue

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it a pain when your head makes you work twice as hard to complete things!!! Love how you have completed this challenge Sue. It's definitely very 'you' with all those lovely layers and choices of embellishments. Hope the rest of your weekend runs smoothly:) Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get the day either but at least we go to our favourite restaurant - any excuse!

    This is such a fabulous card, Sue! The texture, the colours - I can't stop staring at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I adore this card! The grid design is so pretty with the wonderful texture on each little square! Beautiful work, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Onion....
    I had to hold my sides from laughing so hard. Hey, at least I didn't make it CAS and MUSHY! I fear that would have tipped the scale completely for you. ;) Despite your aversion to the holiday (which I totally get) I love what you've brought yourself to create. The hurdles you overcame have resulted in a beautifully crafted and excessive pouring out of mush!! Hahahaha...I'm still giggling thinking about you securing that sentiment to the front of your card..LOL.
    Job well done my friend and I'm so pleased with your willingness to accept the challenge.
    Big hugs,
    Quirks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card turned out magnificent! I love your grid and colors. I love the lace and all your boarders. Very pretty!!

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, absolutely love what you've done with Lisa's sketch - the panels look so beautiful with those layers, and wonderful images and embellishing - just delicious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, I love all the little squares of lovely sweet!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I just love what you did with the sketch. I love how you layered and embellished, and glammed it up. This is a true work of art.
    I love all your attention to detail. Very pretty!
    I hope your week is wonderful. hugs, sharon w.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every piece that you make has so many beautiful layers and details- this is no exception! Love how you interpreted the sketch AND made me laugh with your Valentine tirade :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done Sue ! you have created a fabulous piece without being over the top sentimental.
    We use the word here in Yorkshire as in "don't be so mushy" as meaning sloppy ,the word sloppy meaning sentimental! As you know I don't do mushy either!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. whether you are mushy or not sue this card is absolutely spectacular! every single element is gorgeous and so perfectly place. i love, love, love, it!!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say your brain is working fine! Your gorgeous creation with so many elements all tied seamlessly together just amazes me--no one does it like you, Sue! Beautiful shabby chic card with just the right "mushiness!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, I think your beautiful card is perfect for Lisa's challenge. Love all the gorgeous details and layers. And your handmade background paper is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is absolutely spectacular Sue! Love all the details, layers and textures.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, you have put a smile on my face :)