Feb 16, 2013

A Special Card.

Hello Everyone

 I present to you today a card I have made for my daughter; my first born, who arrived into the world traumatically at (35weeks), well it was traumatic for me anyway. She is still my baby even after 35years, as I am again traumatised on how quickly these years have passed by.  Nicole of course has presented to the family the ultimate gift in the form of the "Precious One" also known as Scarlett, who I just love to pieces, she is boundless in her energy and sweeps through the house like a tornado every time she visits.... I just love it.









 I first made my Bg  paper, using peeled paint and with splotches of broken china distress inks. I
stamped over this one side in the chicken wire design and the other half in the splatter design both stamps are 'Rubbadubbadoo'.

 

The second layer is painted up in a mix of victorian velvet and  brushed pewter stains on cream card, and then dry embossed. I used my  SB diecuts  for the side decoration, sentiment and the frame.





Third layer is the same as first but victorian velvet as the accent, and some kwik-mesh on top.
Inside the frame is a stamped design on cream Cs, and the little metal butterfly as a focal point and contrast, this acts to shock the eye, as it collides with the softness of the Bg.
 






I made three  flowers, added twists of burlap and pearls, and  if you look closely there is a strip of lace on the side border.









Have a great weekend and welcome to my new followers, it is a pleasure to have you on board.

Smiles:)
Sue

17 comments:

SanDee1899 said...

such a wonderful card your daughter gonna love it....

and by the way a baby always stays a baby even if the baby turns 50 hihihihi

XO
SanDee

Mary J said...

Wow, you always amaze me Sue with the level of detail you pay attention to in your BGs! so stunning and an original piece of art for sure!

brenda said...

Very pretty Sue and so beautifully embellished and I am sure your daughter will love it.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Dawn Turley said...

This really is a very special card Sue. Love all the exceptional textures and layers, the flowers and yes that butterfly pulls the eye straight to it... Just fabulous.

catherine said...

This is beautiful and such a special card for your daughter. I am sure she will love it. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Allsorts this week
x catherine

Barb said...

You're right, Sue - this is such a special card! The soft colors and wonderful texture look stunning! Beautifully done!

Lisa M said...

Onion, it's GORGEOUS. The country girl in me is giddy about that chicken wire stamp! That is absolutely fabulous in contrast to the mesh. You should sell your handmade flowers, those are completely striking. A fabulous job on this sketch my friend and completely marked by your style and flair. :)
Happy Birthday to your baby girl too!
hugs,
Quirks

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous creation, such great textures, lovely soft colors, Beautiful embellishing!

butterfly said...

Absolutely enchanting, Sue - the delicate aqua is so pretty with those subtle pinks and every layer and frill is perfectly done!
Alison x

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a wonderful card for the one you love. All the details and embellishments are fantastic!!! ^_^

Rosemary said...

your ability to combine textures and elements always astounds me, sue.. it is some i definitely struggle with! your card today is the perfect showcase for that ability!! it is GORGEOUS!! hugs!

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week Tracy x

Astrid Maclean said...

What a gorgeous card! When I first saw it I was sure you had used scrapbook papers, but no, you created the bg all yourself, - clever and beautiful. Love all the different layers and the flowers are amazing too!

Sharon said...

Sue, another wonderfully creative and inspiring work of art!
I just love your thought process and execution. I found this sketch a bit intimidating, due to the number of layers. I love having the creative freedom to add layers and embellishments. but not really a fan of required layers.
I love your soft sweet color palate, and the contrast of the metal embellishment. Your attention to detail really shines through, and I can appreciate the time and dedication.
Enjoy your time with Scarlett, as these little ones are treasures (smile).
Have a great week. hugs, sharon w.

Jo Channon said...

Hi Sue what a pretty card and it has a fabulous vintage look about it. Perfect for Brenda's challenge at Allsorts thank you for taking part Jo x

Greta said...

You knew exactly how to use that sketch, my friend! Oh what a wonderfully feminine & gorgeous card for your "baby"--a treasure she'll always enjoy--quintessential Sue! You're inspiring me to work on making some layers like this & then maybe I could put something not CAS together! You make the most wonderful flowers & the lace & the butterfly--just a fabulous creation!

Lili said...

Elegance and romanticism are the words that express what I feel when I see your card. You combined everything to perfection on this card.
Hugs ;)