Feb 25, 2013

I cased a card!!!!

Hello Everyone.

My lovely Bloggy friend Greta (GG Creations.) is celebrating her 1st anniversary of her Blog, and she has put out a Challenge to her followers to case one of her earlier cards, and although I do not case cards, I thought this would be fun, as Greta's style is so very different to mine, I chose this one:


She has used her copics to create a graduated Bg. I did not use copics for the simple reason I am not proficient or competent with these pens, I am in my element with my watercolours and this is what I used to re-create the Bg.

My Stamp is from  Stampers Anonymous, and the sentiment is Penny Black.
I had to add a Butterfly as this is a smaller card than Greta's and I felt it needed more... of course!!!!

If you  want to join in, Greta is giving away a little prize to 3 winners, you have until March 10th, and you can view her post here to enter.

And a little addition I thought you may like, you may have to indulge me here....
Precious got into my make-up!!!!
You can tell by her facial expressions, that she is a real character!

Thanks so much for visiting,
Smiles:)
Sue

10 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous take on Greta's card. I'll be posting mine tomorrow. Love the watercoloured background and your little butterfly is super cute.

Lisa M said...

Oh how wonderful O! Your cased card is GORGEOUS. The colors are spot on and I love the movement you've created AND your granddaughter....LOL....that's a riot!! I had the best giggles with those pictures. Thank you for sharing them. :) Hahahahaha...love the funny face on the bottom left. That's the best.
hugs,
Q

SanDee1899 said...

fantastic Card - just love them!!!
XOXO
SanDee

Lisa said...

Beautiful job on the CASE Sue :) I love your water color bg and these photos of your "precious" are hilarious! Looks like someone had a really good time :)

Greta said...

Oh my goodness Sue--I adore your card! Wonderful idea to use watercolors, love the image & what a great sentiment--now I have a card to CASE! Thank you so much for taking time to enter my challenge & celebrate my first year. Your encouragement & friendship have a lot to do with me having this anniversary!
That is one adorable little lady! These pictures are a treasure!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful take on Greta's card, Sue! I am not a copic user too and I would have probably use watercolour or colour pencil to create the bg!

Looks like Precious is having a great time "painting"!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... Sue, the background watercolor on this card is gorgeous! And I love your grand daughter's make up. It is so fun to play with colors. ^_^

Rosemary said...

once, again, i'm playing catch-up on your blog posts, sue... your CASE of greta's card is absolutely gorgeous!!

Anita Houston said...

Cute little angel! Stunning stunning card! Love the sky, love the flutterer, and love the stitching!

maria mcclure said...

What a beautiful CASE of Greta's card!! I love the gradient of colors you achieved. I love the silhouetted image and that lovely butterfly!