Jan 19, 2013

The Purity of White.

  "White...is not a mere absence of colour; it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red, as definite as black"...

Hello everyone,
Once again Saturday has come around and it's time for another challenge at Our Creative Corner, Lily is our hostess this week and she has set a theme that is going to appeal to many of you
 Challenge: "Give your card a decorative edge." 
Here is the twist: Your card or project must be entirely white, with the exception of the sentiment.
Working with white adds mental clarity...... I don't know what philosopher came up with this profound  statement, but I hope it works because I could use some lucidity at the moment.

I am also entering this card into the Papercraft Star:  Challenge - White on White.

 I was intending to make a sympathy card, but when I put my card together, it looked more like a wedding card.
The first layer was put through the crimper, the die cut has been covered with glass crystals, and the image was created by the technique called ' paper casting '; placing layers of  tissue over the stamp, and pressing it into the design and allowing it to dry overnight.









The stamp is Hero Arts-'sweet daffodils.'
















I  added some lace to the inside edge of the card, and a little cotton butterfly to hold my sentiment.




I hope you are inspired enough to join us this week for this challenge at OCC, my fellow teamies have further inspiration for you to, so pop across and have a peek.




I appreciate your visit,
Smiles :-)
Sue

17 comments:

Ira Huberts said...

Because of all these different textures you've managed to give your white card 'colour' as it were! A fine combination of embossed parts Sue! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lisa said...

I love all the different edges/ layers/textures you have going on in this card! There's a lot to look at here! So pretty :)

walchowDesign said...

Very special card, Sue! Love how you added so many different texures on this card and usually white gives a cold feeling but you have bring our so much warmth on this card!

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Sue what a fabulous card and such a lovely technique with the tissue paper must give this a try as the effect is stunning. The crystal glass on your frame just gives your card the WOW factor.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog..have a great weekend..

Anne

Dawn Turley said...

Great use of the paper casting technique Sue. Love all the elements on you card as well... that crystal glass on the frame is fabulous. And very clever to crimp the base for texture.

Greta said...

Just stunning, Sue! I totally love this gorgeous card! The crystals on the frame are a wonderful element--but there are so many to admire here--a masterpiece!

Mary J said...

Wow, what a gorgeous technique Sue! I love how you did the paper casting - so soft! and the touches of pearls and glitter really makes it pop!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so very pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Papercraft star!

Rosemary said...

beautifully done, sue... and so perfect for a wedding card. i love all the different textures you have created and that paper-cast medallion?? beautiful!! hugs!

Lisa M said...

I'm revived with creativity from your post Onion. The, oh what did you call it, let me look, glass crystals looks exceptional on the frame and this new paper casting technique sounds amazingly intriguing. Do you have to use a clamp of some sort to hold it all together? Oh I'll google it and see, but I really LOVE that!! I wonder if glazed with Mod Podge, it could be cut close to the edges of the image too? Oh you have my mind reeling now. :) Your sympathy turned Wedding, turned just plain creative card is beautiful and certainly served as clarity for me.
hugs,
Q

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely white on white card, Sue, love your sweet frame! thanks for joining in the fun at the Papercraft Star!

Laurart said...

This card is gorgeous! I love that it has those gorgeous layers and textures. White can be bland but it isn't here! From Laura xxxxx

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a perfect wedding card, Sue. You always create everything amazingly beautiful. Love all the fantastic textures on this card. ^_^

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a beautiful card. Love all the embossing and different textures. Thank you for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star.

Anitra

Evelyn S. said...

What a fabulous idea to do the paper casting, Sue! This is such a lovely card with all the layers and textures you've created.

butterfly said...

I love your card - that frame has such amazing texture, and the butterfly is so beautiful! Fascinated by your paper casting technique - the flowers look just glorious! Love that Chesterton quote too...
Alison x

Lili said...

Beautiful card Sue! Perfect for a wedding. That "paper casting" technique looks so interesting. I will definitely try it. Those glass crystals give such a nice glamour to the frame. You always amaze me with your creations.
Hugs ;)