Jan 1, 2013

Flags x 3

Greetings to You and the New Year- 2013!

I have three more of my flags for my Christmas Banner to show you today, I have only two more to make and it is finished, it has been enjoyable for me to complete them over the holiday period, as I have received wonderful inspiration from the Christmas cards that I received.
These are Flags 16, 17 and 18. though I have stopped counting now.


The Reindeer is sticky-back canvas and covered in Silver glitter, this was on a card, as soon as I saw it I knew it was going on a Flag.
I love to create texture on my Bg, I made this effect by using my staple Gesso and water-down distress inks.
I made a scene, by adding some rub-ons (bg reindeer) and snowflakes, all coloured up in distress inks.




This one I dry embossed the Bg and added some lace and the MB snowflake die.
The Bells have been in my Christmas box for years, they were always too big for a card, but as you can see perfect for my Flags.
I treated the bells in the same way of dry embossing, then using different inks to create the effect I wanted.
The NOEL sentiment and Poinsettia are little trinkets that were in the same box.


 



You can just see the Holly that I fussy-cut as foliage under the ribbon.













And the last one.
From a Christmas card, I just placed the elements onto my Flag, with some additional touches such as a Christmas serviette mod-podged onto the Bg.
And  now it will be displayed each year when my banner is up, and I will always know it was from a card that Lai-Yoke made and sent to me.
I did not pick up the true colour in my photo unfortunately.




Here is Lai-Yoke's card.
( Walchow Design.)
















 Thank you Lai-Yoke, I hope you like how I have used your elements.

Smiles:)
Sue



8 comments:

Barb said...

Stunning flags, Sue - all three of them! Love all the wonderful texture and beautiful colors! I think the one with those amazing bells is my fave! Happy New Year to you! :)

Dawn Turley said...

WOW Sue... these are beautiful flags. The banner must look quite stunning now.

Ira Huberts said...

You create the most beautiful flags Sue, so good looking! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones, hope to see more of your lovely work this year, too! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Greta said...

Your flag banner is truly an amazing, creative masterpiece, my friend! I so love the first one with the deer & how you used the elements from Lai-Yoke's stunning card is wonderful!

walchowDesign said...

Stunning banner, Sue! It really amazed me how you turned a simple card into something so artisic and special!

Astrid Maclean said...

Oooh, these are stunning and such a cool idea! I bet they look fantastic all hung up together!

Lisa M said...

Exactly what is the length of this masterfully crafted banner now? I think it's brilliant that you used elements from special people to complete the most wonderful display of Christmas cheer.
Here's to another year of friendship and endlessly being inspired your keen skills for creating textures and depth.
Hugs to you my friend,
Quirks

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... Sue, these flags are fantastic!! There are so many gorgeous details to look at. Totally stunning! :)