Dec 15, 2012

Christmas Wreath.

Hello Everyone,
Purple and Silver are two colours that I do not use very much, as you expect I will be loquacious in my narrative!
Purple is a glorious yet complex colour; a bit of an enigma, as it is both sensual and spiritual; it is a mix of the excitement of Red and the tranquillity of Blue. So it is very surprising even to me, that I do not use this palette on a regular basis. 
I would like to think I am sensual and have a tad of excitement about me. 
And as for Silver, well this magnificent chroma which illuminates everything it comes in contact with, is glamorous, sophisticated and alluring, and relates a positive feeling even though it is seen as a cool colour, but it also has the unfortunate association to growing old; Silver hair!
All these adjectives sound wonderful, and I can understand why many card-makers like to work with this palette. I like the partnership of these two feminine colours as well and when


The shape of my card was cut on the cricut. I inked everything up in milled lavender and dusky concord distress inks.
To create the Silver effect;which does not photograph well, I applied silver leaf and burnished it over the embossed Bg.
My stamp is the 'Music Wreath' from Stamp-it, which I White embossed, then inked over using a selection of colours. I fussy-cut the Holly leaves and Berries.
You can just see the Silver leaf effect on this close-up.
I


I will finish off with  a few words .... as I am apt to do.








"As we grow older, how quickly the months disappear.
All of a sudden-whoosh-December is here.
There are presents to buy and cards to write.
Planning the dinner; Turkey or Lamb,
or maybe a picnic with salad and ham.
However each family plans to celebrate,
this special important once-a-year date.
Take time to pause and reflect on the reason,
I wish everyone Joy at this festive season." 

Merry Christmas to you All.
Smiles:)
Sue.





13 comments:

Caroline said...

Sue this is gorgeous the layout and design is so beautiful. Caroline xxx

Buttons said...

It's not a combo I use too often so this is a great challenge to have a go at. Thanks for providing a nice high bar to aim at jumping over. Love your touches of green and red to highlight the purple/silver in this. Genius as ever. Hugs, Jenny x

Mary J said...

Another stunning make, Sue! I love the white embossing and I would never have put red with purple but you've made it work - pure genius!!

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is just amazing the detail is just fantastic hugs Cherylxxxxx

Paper Profusion said...

Stunning card Sue. Love how you have designed with wonderful shaping and fabulous colour mix. Merry Christmas, Nicola x

Lisa M said...

Can you sense the enthusiasm I'm exuding at the moment??? What to my wondering eyes should appear but a purple delight from a friend so dear! Well okay, it's not Clement Clarke Moore, but it's with the best of intentions that I relay how magnificent this card, texture, shape, design, compiling of elements and description are to me. I think it's just stunning!!
Bowing as I exit and a most precious and memorable Christmas to you too Sue (O).
hugs,
Lisa (Q)

Dawn Turley said...

this is just gorgeous Sue. You've used the colours in a very ingenious way with your use of the silver leaf. Love the shaped card as well. Your poem is awesome as well. Enjoy the "silly Season" and have a great Christmas.

Rosemary said...

hello, sue! as always you have created a unique and beautiful card... the shape is just lovely!! hugs!

butterfly said...

What an amazing piece... Love the embossing, and your shades of purple look fantastic with the pops of red and green! Great shape too... and lovely to hear your thoughts on those colours.
Alison x

Anita Houston said...

Your description of purple was so full of passion itself...a total creative turn on!!! The texture and multi hued purple is amazing here! UNIQUE and GORGEOUS!!!

Sharon said...

Sue, oh my! What an absolutely fabulous last minute holiday card! I love it! I just love your attention to detail. And I imagine you love the process yourself. Your work really shows your passion for paper.
I struggled with this challenge and I felt alone. I too adore this color combo, but couldn't find my creative spirit. And you certainly found yours! I know our followers will find inspiration from your beautiful work!
Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe new year! Hugs, Sharon w.

Lili said...

Sooooo beautiful Sue! I have to agree with Sharon, you show your passion for paper with every project you do. I love everything about this card.
Have a wonderful Holidays!!
Hugs ;)

Greta said...

Wow--this one leaves me speechless--suffice it to say you have rocked the challenge colors!