Dec 1, 2012

A Vintage card with a touch of Shabby!

Hello Everyone
Saturday Dec 1st and here in NZ officially the first day of Summer, all we need to confirm this is for us to feel some heat from the sun.....not much happening at the moment!!!!!


Images are from Bo Bunny and Graphic 45 papers; my all time favourites.
Vintage has the feeling of bringing you back to your grandparent's home; and this does remind me of my Christmases in Wales where I grew up.
I love to combine elements to create dimension and texture; as you all know I love texture.
There is not much in that area here other than the embossed oval frame and my little hand made flowers.
I wanted to relate a Christmas feel; the warmth, the joy, the prickly Holly leaves which represent the crown of thorns that Jesus wore when he was crucified, and the symbolic berries; the drops of blood that were shed.


And Father Christmas; well, someone has to deliver the presents to the children.
Otherwise there is no magic!


Please do not think I had one too many while stitching the card, my intention was to make it aimless and irregular, I wanted to create a feeling of movement.

This card is already winging it's way to a special person, someone who I know will appreciate the work involved and not dis-Card!






Remember you can click on the card for a close-up view.












 I like to decorate the inside.





Have a great week.
Smiles:)
Sue

18 comments:

Caroline said...

Sue this is gorgeous I love the santa and the colours and layout are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Buttons said...

Mmmm, fab ideas here Sue. Love that you have changed the shape of the card here and layering all those festive elements have given the whole card such depth. Happy December! Hugs, Buttons x

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful vintage card Sue and the sewing is perfect.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Mary J said...

Fab layout, Sue! The stitching and touches of die cuts beautiful together!

Lisa M said...

First day of summer? That's still so odd for me and you get to make Christmas cards in shorts! Okay, maybe not quite yet, but the heat will eventually arrive. Speaking of heat...this card is HOT!! I love your vintage image choice and I couldn't enlarge the pictures enough to leap for joy over those tiny tiny flowers and berries..SO CUTE! Your write up was a wonderful read and reminds us all of the reason for the season. Vintage beauty here with your trademark stitching...the movement is perfect and magic beams from this gorgeous card Onion!
Hugs to you,
Quirks

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is a total drop-dead beauty, Sue! I adore the shape and layers and your stitching always makes me drool. Wonderful vintage images and the holly and open book are the perfect embellishments. Terrific sample to inspire our visitors this week at the OCC!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Tammi said...

Love your gorgeous vintage card! Beautiful images and design. ~hugs

Barb said...

Goodness, gracious, Sue! That card is a work of art! Gorgeous details and I love the shape! Beautifully done! :)

Lili said...

A beautiful vintage card Sue! You really accomplished what you were looking for in this card, texture, movement , vintage style and last but not least beauty.
As usual I love your creations!
Hugs ;)

Tracie Dean said...

You have done a wonderful job. This card is so beautiful!! I love the old world feel

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Sue, your card fabulous!!! Love the beautiful shape and the image you used. Your stitching is always perfect!! :)

Dawn said...

A simply beautiful Vintage Christmas Sue. It is just so pretty with all the wonderful elements. And a big thank you for the beautiful Christmas card arrived in my letterbox yesterday. It is simply delightful ~ and my first one this year!

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Sue was a fabulous vintage card live your traditional colours and great shape

Anne

walchowDesign said...

Fabulous vintage card with traditional colors!

So weird to hear that your summer has just started when we into the dreadry autumn weather!

Greta said...

I don't know how anyone could possible discard this amazing creation (I know--there really are such people)! Your handmade tiny flowers & the trim & everything about this card makes me sigh with pleasure!

Anita Houston said...

Gorgeous Sue! The extra large thick stitches are fabulous! Love the vintage looking paper and Santa, and all your winter foliage is fabulous! Gorgeous card! pinning!

khairul044 said...

Fab layout, Sue! The stitching and touches of die cuts beautiful together!

Winton Rose Paper Creations said...

Your cards are just beautiful. I love love love the vintage iamges you have used. Thanks so much for sharing.