Dec 30, 2012

A lovely flower.

Happy New Year to you all!

I have had a good break and now I am reinvigorated to start 2013 with good intentions of improving my artistic skills and showing them off to you all, with the hope that some may be inspired, and also have some enjoyment along the way as well.
I am going to enter this card into the 'Fashionable Stamping Challenge' - 'Surprise Us!' Sponsored by Cottage Crafts.

The Flower stamp is Hero Arts.
First I stamped and embossed the image and I coloured it up using T.H.  Distress pens, which I scribbled on the craft mat first, then used my water pen to pick up the ink.
Faux stitching in Forest Moss Distress pen.
Sentiment is a Penny Black from the clear set' Gratitude'.
The Bg has been stamped using VersaMagic-Tea leaves chalk ink.
 You will all instantly observe that this is not my usual style.
'No embellishments.' was the request by my friend, she wanted a Birthday card for her 85year old Mum'.
Thanks for taking the time to pop in, I know this is a busy time for you all, I do appreciate your following very much.
Smiles:)
Sue
 
 

18 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Happy New Year to you Sue... you've done well to do no embellishments. Love the way you stamped the flower for the background in the soft colour. And the choice of the pinks to highlight that flower is a perfect foil for the background. Impressive my friend.

Mary J said...

Just stunning, Sue! That pink is so elegant and the faux stitching with the little gems make it pop!

Julie Short said...

Happy New Year. What a gorgeous card! I am sure your friend will love it!

Shirl said...

Such an elegant card to start our challenge off with Susan. The stamping and colouring are amazing I am sure your friends mum will love it.

Happy, healthy and prosperous 2013 from Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

butterfly said...

Gorgeous flower... the shading is just fabulous! Happy New Year!
Alison x

Tracie Dean said...

I think you did an amazing job. The flower turned out wonderful. Thank you for sharing!!

Happy Crafting,
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Esther said...

A gorgeous card - love how you've used the flower image so subtly in the background and then the bright dramatic focal image..Thanks for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

Rosemary said...

hello sue... this is a a study in gorgeous simplicity. i love it and i'm sure that your friend's mum will love it, too!! happy new year, my friend!

Barb said...

I haven't pulled out that flower in so long - love the way you've used it here, Sue! Beautiful! Happy New Year to you! :)

Lisa M said...

Oh I like the sound of your intro! I cannot wait to see what 2013 rolls out onto this blog. :) Your card is genuinely elegant and refined with just the perfect touch of shabby and a bit of spunky grunge and oddly enough, served up with a very classy side of CAS...GASP!! Dare I say it, Oh..I believe I just did.
I love it!!!!!
hugs to you my friend and cheers to the New Year of creativity!
Q

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully done Sue, a wonderful card and it doesn't need any embellishing, it is a beauty in it's own right.
Wishing you and your family a very happy new year and everything you would wish for yourselves.
hugs {brenda} xox

Brenda Brown said...

PS Thanks for sharing your lovely card at the 'Surprise Us' challenge at FSC. xox

Evelyn S. said...

Beautiful "no-embellishments" card, Sue! I haven't really tried painting with my Distress pens....I have so many kinds of pens!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Sue,this is such a stunning card. Love the amazing colors on this flower. Great design! Hope you have a wonderful new year. Love & hugs..... :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, the image looks fabulous. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight and a happy New Year.

Greta said...

Happy New Year, Sue! I hope you've enjoyed the holidays. This gorgeous flower looks 3D & your faux stitching doesn't look faux! Gorgeous work--I think your time of relaxing & getting re-charged worked!

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE it!
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC!

xxx Ellie xxx

Debbie said...

Beautiful! Wonderful colouring and all your details are fabulous!

Debbie