Nov 27, 2012

Wistful and Soft.

 

Hello Everyone,

A quick post from me as I want to show you a Christmas card I made out of  a muted/mellow palette. This Challenge over at 'the ribbon reel' grabbed my attention as it is such a unique and pretty theme.
Lenet is the hostess and she has provided a photo for inspiration to help the creative juices flow.
I was inspired, as the colours are soft and wistful, but whether I have captured this in my card is debatable, it was a great opportunity for me to stretch my thought processes towards the untraditional for a change.

'Pastel Christmas'- CREAM, BABY BLUE & PINK and some BLING!

The letters were cut on the cricut, inked up with distress stains and then Glossy accents applied on top.
The Bg has been inked with Antique Linen, and Picket Fence Distress stains.
I glued some stars on and some mesh, then run it through an embossing folder.
To add a little more interest and dimension, I ripped up a piece of scrap that was lying on the craft desk, and attach the Christmas word.


The Bling flower adds the sparkle to fulfil the Challenge requirements.

This card was fun to make, and  as you can all observe I stopped quite quickly, when normally I would tend to add many more elements!!!





Smiles:)
Sue





14 comments:

Dawn said...

what beautiful soft colours Sue. You have make a wonderful card... such texture. I'm glad you stopped yourself as the words take pride of place on your card.

Caroline said...

Beautiful I love the colours. Caroline xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Wonderful textures with the fabulous unseasonal colours make this a great unique card to send someone. Love it Sue.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Mary J said...

Soft, fresh, stunning. Love it Sue!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card with all the textures added to it, Sue!

Tracie Dean said...

Love all the soft colors and the texture. Beautiful combination. Gorgeous!

Barb said...

Gorgeous texture and soft colors, Sue! Makes me want to feel it! So beautiful!

Ira Huberts said...

Oh these colours are so pretty Sue! Fab textures on your card, too! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Rosemary said...

a lovely, soft christmas card, sue!

Evelyn S. said...

You started and stopped just beautifully, Sue! It's a lovely shabby chic card!

butterfly said...

Lovely, muted colour palette... what a pretty card!
Alison x

Greta said...

Love those colors & your embossed backgrounds always add so much interest to your work. Why did you stop? Not that I think it needs more, but you did surprise me-LOL!

Lisa M said...

Your cards always have your very special touch to them and I am always amazed at the colors you achieve on each and every one of them. I am without a doubt overjoyed with this muted ensemble!
hugs,
Q
OHHH...ps...I do love your new blog look too. :)

Keilly said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love the two tone lettering. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!