Nov 3, 2012

Santa Globe!

Thank you everyone for your kind supportive words.............it  all helps.

Hello,
Today being a Saturday, it is again time for another Challenge at Our Creative Corner.
and hosting again this week is Marcy Kaminski, and her theme is a "Silhouette Challenge."

If you hop over to the blog she explains the definition of a silhouette!



My Silhouette image is the Santa Globe from Memory Box.
Inked up with versamark and Black embossing powder applied.
I sponged some mowed lawn distress ink  at the bottom to add a little depth.

G45 bg paper which has the honour of holding my stitching, which I have not used on a card for months and oh dear, how pleasing to my eyes this element is!

A few die-cuts and a ribbon and it is all done...... a quick and easy card.







I always like to decorate the inside of my Christmas cards, I applied some faux stitching and some stamped snowflakes.





Inspirations aplenty for this Challenge  can be found on 'Our Creative Corner'  and you could be our next Top Talent! I am sure you would enjoy being in the limelight for a week.
Please join in we would be thrilled to see your work.

Smiles:)
Sue.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautifully done Sue. Love the way you have framed the silhouette image.

Arlene said...

I love the scene. Wonderful way to focus attention on the scene.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous I love the scene you have made and the design is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous, such a fabulous design and I love the colours

Sue

Kim Price said...

Sue this is such a classic Christmas scene and it really puts me in the mood for Christmas! Love how you have used a reverse silhouette too! How good is that! Love it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great use of the silhouette theme to create this cute Santa scene - very clever how you reversed it and your silhouette is white. Wonderful stitching and that BG paper is beautiful and perfect for your card! Super take on this week's challenge, Sue!

Hugs,
Linda

Nicecrane Designs said...

Love the colours and all over the scene,,,,,thanks fro sharing,,,, it...wowwww.

Meihsia Liu said...

Sue, this is so beautiful. Love the beautiful paper you used and great layout! ... :)

Lisa M said...

Ohhh, you fooled me! The addition of the green on the silhouette image for depth made me think it was a shaker card! The awesome layering you've done gives the illusion that it could be. I think it's fantastic and could be the cover to the book The Night Before Christmas. I can see all us OCC girls all huddled together by the fireplace while Onion in her nightcap reads us a story... :D
My eyes were pretty happy to see the return of the famous stitching also. :)
hugs,
Quirks

Greta said...

Wonderful Christmas card, Sue! I probably wouldn't have thought to use the black embossing & I love it. The little bit of green inking is such a great element. Just love this!

Anita Houston said...

Hey Scrumplescrunch!!! Hope you are doing great! Sorry I've not visited lately. I love your masked Santa...gorgeous! The embossing is perfectly done...hard to do with white. The stitching always makes me smile and I love that yours is heavy and thick...really pops! Just a gorgeous make, and I think I'm pinning!