Nov 22, 2012

Flag 10 -Funkie Junkie Style

Hello Everyone.


Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #10 
and also entering my Flag into  the 'Chipboard and Metal' challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. 






Linda made a Charmer of a Tag this week.

We were also given the image to work with if we wanted....... and I wanted!!!!
My inspiration was the whole Tag, I love every detail of this one.
The brick texture fade was an issue as I do not have one, but never one to let a small detail such as this stop my creativity, I set about solving that problem very quickly and you will soon see how I achieved this as 



I have made a tutorial for you.


It looks like bricks!

 The inks I used on the substrate
 I  fussy-cut the little girls.
 
 









The Flower was backed with some crinoline and fancy lace, that I bought from the boutique, the leaves are also inked up.











Now you can see the free image, hop along to her Blog and pick it up.



To add more texture.............I heard that sigh !!!! 
You will notice my torn crimped paper behind the popped up image, and you will also notice how the little girls come to life popped up as well.

I added the metal clip and twirl.






And the finished Flag which I am pleased with.

 
The numbers are chipboard, which have been inked in Fired Brick and Chipped Sapphire. (ever so lightly.)



Happy Thanksgiving,

Smiles:)
Sue.

  





Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas is an inspiration challenge and there will be a winner drawn at the end of the 12 weeks for those who have entered each one. There is plenty of time to take part as each tag challenge will remain open until the 17th December.
12 Tags of Christmas is sponsored by 'The Funkie Junkie Boutique'

16 comments:

butterfly said...

Completely delicious - another wonderful flag for the bunting!
Alison x

Rosemary said...

hello sue!! well... i am so thankful that you keep delighting us with your beautiful interpretations of linda's tags! you have created yet another stunning work of art!! hugs & smiles!

Dawn said...

What a beautiful banner today Sue. I really love the image and your flower is stunning.

Buttons said...

Fab idea with the gesso Sue. Love how you've got the texture with the slightly faded colouring. And that crinoline flower is so beautiful. Another amazing banner. Hugs, Buttons x

Ira Huberts said...

Told you before and I'm telling you again Sue, you just make the most magnificent backgrounds! You really do! Lovely idea with the faux bricks, such a superb image, too! A real beauty! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Anita Houston said...

Your banner is going to be the belle of the ball...WOW!!! Love the brick texture...thanks for the tut! Gorgeous work!

Paper Profusion said...

What an absolute visual and tactile feast your bunting is becoming Sue! Especially love the background on this one - its gorgeous. Nicola x

Marjie Kemper said...

How beautiful! Love the bricks/texture and the fussy cut gals... such a beautiful piece... thank you for sharing it with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Sue C said...

Fabulous project, love the texture you've created on the background. Your banner is going ot be amazing ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely adore your flag and I love your alternative to the brick folder, brilliant solution!

Teresa Kline said...

awesome, luv the step by step...thanks!

enjoy *~*

Greta said...

You are one amazing artist, Sue! You've left me speechless again! Love how you put everything together & making the bricks was total genius! I adore this one!

die amelie said...

This is adorable, Sue!

Love the comibination of textures and images!!!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Donna Gibson said...

Hi Sue, I love the idea of making a flag as opposed to a tag! Your brick texture turned out perfectly and the vintage images are so cute!

Lisa M said...

I'm doing the happy dance over here!!!! OMG...I love this SO MUCH. You could have stopped at the brick work and I would have been elated, but man o' man, the elements you've added are SUPERB!! This is GORGEOUS and thank you so much for your tutorial on this wonderful flag. I'm giddy!!!!! :)
hugs,
Quirks

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You totally outdid yourself on this one, Sue. Your bricks are AMAZING. I must try that technique - thanks for including the tutorial! I agree with Lisa - everything is stunning on this - the fussy cut girls, the flower, wow, just sensational. So happy that you shared this with us over at the 12 Tags challenge!

Hugs,
Linda