Nov 2, 2012

Flags No6 and No7

Hello Everyone
I hope it is back to normal for me now, I have had a month where I have experienced the highs and the lows that life kicks at you on occasions. I have lost three important people from my life this year and attended their funerals; sad sad times each one, losing my father-in-law so suddenly last week was very distressing and it seemed to cap off a god-awful time; my lachrymal glands have run dry!. I do not often wish for a year to end, as I feel life is very precious and it has to be lived to the full... but I will not be too despondent to see the back of 2012. 

            
I shut myself away this week, sometimes you do not want to talk to anyone, but I am slowly emerging from the darkness... sitting at my craft desk with no motivation to make anything was painful, but I played and moved things from here to there and then from there to here, picked up things, put them down again, walked away, had a cup of tea; (a life saver)..It worked and I finished  Flags No6 and No7.







 Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style. 
It was hard making up this Flag with the word JOY being so obtrusive, but it had a positive effect, as the design came together well.

This is Linda's Tag (No 6)

 My inspiration was her mesh ribbon, the word JOY, the inked bow and her bg script.




I always start my flags off by applying the trims, inking up the bg, stamping a design or adding a die-cut, then running it through the Big Shot choosing a suitable design; this one as you can see is the Holly.
I then add the inspirational elements to my substrate.








This is Linda's Tag (No7)
 
What caught my eye immediately on this one was the Red sentiment, the reindeer and the corrugated cardboard.














All my inks are distress or the stains.
Here on the bg I added a metallic Gold.
My (25) was finished with some glossy accents. 
 The reindeer was cut on the cricut, run through an embossing folder and inked up.

The Holly flourish is Cheery Lynn and to add texture on the leaves I painted them up with distress crackle.








 I love the overall effect of this one, it has movement and all my favourite products that create the texture.


 If you would like to join in this fun Challenge, then hop over to  
The Funkie Junkie.
 One of the requirements to qualify for the drawing at the end is that you must have entered each of the 12 weeks and all must be completed by midnight on December 17th.  Tags are quick and easy so what are you waiting for?




Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue




The Boutique


13 comments:

Rosemary said...

hello, sue!! both additions to your banner are amazing (of course!), but i do think the first one is my favorite. i love the colors, textures and embellishments. to me the overall effect is quite harmonious and pleasing! (my oh... i think i just sounded like you!!)

Greta said...

Quick & easy for you, maybe--I can barely comprehend all you've done on these incredible banners--wish I could sit at your craft table with you. These are both so visually appealing--gorgeous details! Love how you use your embossing folders. Wishing you peace, my friend.

Barb said...

Gosh, these are gorgeous, Sue! I love them both, but reading through your post makes me want to sit down and talk to you. I'm so sorry you've had such a difficult time, losing three loved ones this year. Just make sure you're taking care of yourself. I wish I could give you a real hug! XOXO!

Caroline said...

These are gorgeous I love them both. Caroline xxx

Mary J said...

Such gorgeous texture and detail as usual, Sue! I love how you create depth with the wet embossing!

Sue - bearhouse said...

These are stunning, I love the designs and the gorgeous detailing.
Take care
Sue

Ira Huberts said...

You're so creative Sue! Wonderful textures and such fine embellies, so many lovely things to look at! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Evelyn S. said...

I'm so sorry about your sad year, Sue. I do hope that you are coming out of the darkness. When I had a terrible event in my life two years ago, I couldn't craft at all. That's when I picked up my camera and drove out into the country and started taking photos again. It was two or three months before I could create a card. Your flags are beautiful; I, too, really like #7. It's so lively! I need to make my #7 this weekend. Hugs...

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Sue! Your tags are just stunning. Funny, like you, I don't want to wish one day of my life away, but I too look forward to a new year. Feeling empty is no fun. I am glad that you are finding your way through the sadness and pain. Please take care. Yvonne

Dawn said...

my goodness Sue... you are at your best creating with these. Both are fabulous. Feeling for all your loss this year. I know how it can be so draining. Hang in there Sue. Next year can only get better.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Two more beauties, Sue! Your tags are so rich with colors and textures, just unbelievably stunning. So many wonderful embellishments and details. Your banner is going to be amazing when it is all assembled! So glad to have you back creating with the 12 Tags challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

Lisa M said...

Well I firmly believe that despite how difficult it was for you to find joy in crafting during this time, you've certainly made your father-in-law proud by pushing through and finding comfort and happiness in what you love doing. I think your flags turned out sensationally. You can definitely see your mojo and creative drive returning in #7....HOLY WOW Woman, that thing is dazzling!! Now I have to play catch up to you. :)
Sending a virtual hug and cup of tea to you my friend.
Quirks

Samantha Elliott said...

I love your idea of bunting....I may even borrow your idea for next Christmas if I may?!
Sorry to hear you are having a horrid time, but glad that you are finding solace in crafting.
Hugs
xx