Nov 16, 2012

Flag No9 -Funkie Junkie style.


Hello Everyone. 
Flag No 9
 
I  can honestly say that I was a bit daunted this week by Lindas Tag.
12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #9
 
She has a rustic country look going on!
And the first thing that your eyes fix upon is the check bow.
I did not want to put a bow this size on my Flag so then I noticed the stars..... mmmm I thought, I could use those, but nothing was grabbing me tenaciously enough to say; use me, use me (sorry Linda).
 
I just had to sit back and feast with an objective eye on this creation.
And so it was that I settled on the stars, crackle paint, twine and buttons!
 



My Interpretation and Flag No 9.

I prepared my substrate;
Gesso, paints, dry embossing, crackle.
Then added my trims.

Chose the elements:
Text from 'Bo Bunny' a wreath die-cut from Memory Box, and the stars were cut on the cricut.











 
 As you can observe I run the stars through the crimper, glued sparkly sprinkles all over them......... and I cannot remember the name of the stuff to save myself.  
Finished off with buttons and twine.












If you would like to join in this fun Challenge, then hop over to 
The Funkie Junkie.
There is still enough time! 
One of the requirements to qualify for the drawing at the end is that you must have entered each of the 12 weeks and all must be completed by midnight on December 17th.  Tags are quick and easy so what are you waiting for? 
The Boutique
To all my followers who leave such positive comments and to my new ones who have hopped on board; thank you.
I do not mention it enough, but I am appreciative of your plaudits and enjoy reading everyone of them.

Smiles:)
Sue

18 comments:

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Sue, wow, I absolutely LOVE those tags you have been creating! One of these days I will participate in those tag challenges. :D:D They sure look like lots of fun! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Rosemary said...

hello sue!! i think that this banner is now my favorite! i love the sparkly stars scattered about and the way everything is connected together by the greenery... absolutely stunning!

Julie Short said...

Yum this confection looks good enough to eat - not sure about the glitter though!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - I am most definitely having a "what's it all about? moment or 6 right now."
I just might take the advice offered by your quote on your header. - sometimes it all seems that something that should be fun is in fact just the opposite!
Now back to your gorgeous tag - I love corrugated card board and have been having a play or two with it myself.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Julie

Barb said...

I think you did a beautiful job on this one, Sue! I love the way you incorporated the stars, and the colors and bits of sparkle are wonderful!

Createology said...

Fabulous Flag. Your twist on the inspiration is just right. Blissful Creating...

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Sue! I absolutely love today's flag--wonderful mix of elements & love the red & white! I need to make use of my very neglected crimper as the stars were the first thing I loved here. You really did it with this one!

Dawn said...

What an awesome flag this week Sue. Love the way you took parts of the inspiring tag and made it you own on this flag. Everything looks perfect. And I love how you've added the page with them all on show together. Looks incredible.

Caroline said...

I lOVE today's flag I love the red and white and the all the embelishments look fabulous, I love it. Caroline xxx

Evelyn S. said...

I see you decided on your plan, Sue! It's a beautiful one with more wonderful colors and details.

Brenda Brown said...

Your finished banner is beautiful Sue, the colours are reflective of Christmas and I love the elements you chose to use. The star put through the crimper provides some fabulous additional texture and the tiny button and twine bow at the bottom is gorgeous. It's amazing how inspiration hits us isn't it?
Hugs Brenda xxx

lainey said...

just beautiful work Sue :) and yes I'm loveing my new babe!! lainey x

Martina2801 said...

A big aplause, dear Sue!
What you make is a feast for my eyes to look at!
Well done:-)

Lisa M said...

Onion, oddly enough, the one that was most difficult for you to pull from is maybe my favorite. They are all so pretty, but the soft country feel that you've created here is very homey. I love the base..the cracked wood looks wonderful with your crackle and the festive reds and greens are perfection. You've certainly made another gorgeous flag and now I really can't wait to see them ALL together!
hugs to you,
Quirks

butterfly said...

Gorgeous flag - your finished bunting is going to be just sensational! I love the elements you've used from Linda's, and created something all your own...
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a breathtaking tag with wonderful details and texture.

Buttons said...

Oooooh, now I really like your version of Linda's tag. Those stars are just perfect. Hugs, Buttons x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful job on this week's inspiration tag! Love the striped stars and the wonderful rustic background! Gorgeous color palette too! Super work - thanks so much for playing along again this week.

Hugs,
Linda

Anita Houston said...

I can't wait to see all of these when finished! A banner is genius! I love this one...eye candy!