Nov 6, 2012

Flag No8-Funkie Junkie style.

Hello Everyone.
 My Flag No8.
My first job was to prepare my Bg in the same format as my previous  ones; painting up in Bundled Sage and Vintage Photo stains, stamping the Bell in Black Archival, and the Holly in Red and Black.

Adding more texture by dry embossing.







 


 I found this little Father Christmas in my stash, I placed him in a frame.




 The  Crinoline was soaked in red dye ink, and the poinsettia is made from TH Tattered Florals Die.





 If you would like to join in this fun Challenge, then hop over to
The Funkie Junkie.

 One of the requirements to qualify for the drawing at the end is that you must have entered each of the 12 weeks and all must be completed by midnight on December 17th.  Tags are quick and easy so what are you waiting for? 
The Boutique
 

Hope you are having a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

16 comments:

Buttons said...

Love your version of Linda's tag Sue. The dry embossing and Bundled Sage work a treat. Sorry I beat you to the mark! Hugs, Buttons x

Caroline said...

Beautiful love the flower. Caroline xxx

Dawn said...

I love this flag Sue. The colours are fabulous and your flower is wonderful. Your finished banner is going to be amazing.

brenda said...

What a fabulous and inspirational take on the tag Sue.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

pinky said...

Wow so gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Evelyn S. said...

I love how you've made Linda's tag your own, Sue! Wonderful use of the traditional colors and some fabulous texture, as well. This is a striking flag in all ways!

Lynne K said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Sue! A wonderful take on our Traditional Christmas challenge. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month, and good luck.

Lynne

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You are right on the ball, Sue! This is marvelous. The colors are wonderful as are the stamping and embossing. And your crinoline poinsettia came out sensational. Red is my favorite color so I'm really drooling over this flag! So happy to have you joining in the challenge again this week. Can't wait to see what you have to share for next week.

Hugs,
Linda

walchowDesign said...

Wonderful take on the traditional theme, Sue! love the vintage bg with the pop of the red poinsettia.

Lisa M said...

Well, number one, it's an amazing poinsettia Onion! You've stayed with Linda's color scheme beautifully and added the pops of red where needed even in the double stamping of the ivy. BUT, what really caught my fancy is the littlest detail of the three berries above the bell... I LOVE that! I'm certain flags 1-7 will be pleased to share a space with #8!
Hugs,
Quirks

Greta said...

Oh I love the poinsettia you made, Sue & this is another absolutely gorgeous flag! What a wonderful banner you'll have!

Mary J said...

Just stunning, Sue! Gorgeous use of colour and space!

Francesca said...

Beautiful creation , I love the colours

thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month

Hugs
Francesca

Lisa said...

The shape of your tag is awesome and so is that amazing poinsettia!!

Rosemary said...

i think this is my favorite banner so far, sue... i love the simplicity (imagine that!) and the beautiful subtle stamping. smiles!!

butterfly said...

Brilliant play on tag 8... Can't imagine how it is that I've not been a follower, but it's all fixed now!!
Alison x