Nov 30, 2012

FLAG #11-Funkie Junkie Style.

Hello Everyone,
The Holly Tree.

No tutorial this week, as it is pretty straight forward and I am sure you could all work it out on how it was put together.
If you are not up to speed with this Challenge; Linda has all the info and her tags here for you to see... check it out. 
Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style -Week #11




Linda's Tag. 
Multiple holly leaves glued to a rosette.
And as you can see if you click on the photo you will pick up on the netting and lace, these were the elements that caught my eye along with the Holly leaves.
I knew immediately what I was going to do with my Flag, I was chomping at the bit to start working on it, but life got in the way and it was Friday before I could actually put everything that was in my head down on the card stock!




I embossed the Bg, but this time I inked the folder with tumbled glass distress stain, before running it through the Big shot.

I made a Holly Tree instead of a wreath, and covered it with the  netting, then I added some bling at the base.



















The top of the Flag.



 I have kept this Flag uncluttered, as I wanted the tree to be dominant, even though it looks busy, I feel the Flag has a simplicity. White being the super neutral works with any colour, in any context, anywhere! 
So I could not go wrong with the palette, safe as houses with this one!

It turned out more or less as I envisaged, so I am happy.

We are almost to the finish line.  December 17th is cut off time for this Challenge.

Smiles:)
Sue






Sponsored by:


16 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

A beauty of a flag! So creative!

Rosemary said...

hello, sue! this banner is absolutely exquisite!! the holly tree is pure genius... you have (in my estimation) completely outdone yourself on this one!! stunning work, my friend!

Barb said...

Sue, I do believe this is my favorite of all the flags you've created so far! That tree is stunning! Love the netting - gives such a gorgeous effect! :)

Dawn said...

I love the soft feminine look to this flag Sue. Your tree is stunning and the very soft blue background is the perfect foil.

Mary J said...

You do texture so brilliant, Sue! The tree is amazing and the tag is gorgeous!

Lisa M said...

Oh Onion, this flag is dreamy. By all means, that beautiful tree should remain the focal point. How fun is that to have netting on it too. Your touch for textures exceeds all my expectations and you've done so wonderfully on this one. I'm thrilled at how far along you are in the Funkie Junkie challenges. You've certainly inspired me here my friend.
Huge hugs to you,
Quirks. :)

walchowDesign said...

Oh! Wow! This is so elegant, feminine, soft banner! Love all the different texture, Sue!

Ira Huberts said...

Now here's a fab flag! Love how you made that tree, absolutely wonderful with all the holly pieces! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Buttons said...

Now that's a fantastic way of interpreting Linda's tag. Making your holly leaves into a tree is inspired. Great job. Hugs, Buttons x

butterfly said...

Utterly delightful... your holly tree has such a feathery beauty, and looks just wonderful against that delicate turquoise! Wow!
Alison x

Evelyn S. said...

Susan...this looks like a lot of detail work! I'm really impressed. I'm also impressed by your interpretation of Linda's details...
it's all so wonderfully creative!

Evelyn S. said...

Susan...this looks like a lot of detail work! I'm really impressed. I'm also impressed by your interpretation of Linda's details...
it's all so wonderfully creative!

Brenda Brown said...

A wonderful shabby pennant Sue.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

How fabulous, Sue! I adore that holly tree you constructed and the lovely touches of blue you included. Great texture background and of course the lace is gorgeous! You definitely knocked it out of the park with this beauty! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for the Tag #11 challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

Astrid Maclean said...

Great adapation of Linda's original, love how you have transformed it and made it into a creation totally your own, fabulous!

Greta said...

Thought your last tag was my favorite, but now this one is! I don't even know where to begin,Sue, but I do love the tree you created! Just wish I could sit at the table with you & have some of your talent rub off!