Nov 17, 2012

Alcohol Inks and a doily!

Hello Everyone.
 My 2nd Challenge at Our Creative Corner, brings you the opportunity to make a Christmas project if you are in the same sinking boat as me, and are way behind with the cards!

The Challenge I have set for this week on OCC is:
Foil and Alcohol Inks.
The technique of dripping Alcohol Inks onto Foil has an amazing effect. 

 There are various types of foil on the market, and Alcohol Inks work on all of them.
I use these two brands, they are very different in weight. 
Ranger is self sticking and for stability you need to adhere on to cardstock. 
Spellbinders is heavier, and you can use as is, it comes in various colours, but this does not matter, you just have a different effect with your inks; it is fun.
My preference is the SB.

I used 'Red Pepper' and 'Stream' alcohol inks to drip on top of the tin foil!  When you are happy with your result, cut a shape or use as a Bg.                 
Easy peasy and the effect is amazing,  I used TH Doily and die-cut the foil, then I dry embossed. 
My leaves were embossed with enamel ep and the reindeer dry embossed and coloured up with distress stains. 
The antlers are a flourish die-cut using the same technique.
I would love you to join me in this Challenge, if you require more inspiration, perhaps this is not enough for your creative juices to flow then no worries........
Help is just a click away here.
Smiles:)
Sue.

19 comments:

Lisa M said...

Finally, I get to see how you made this! I had no idea SB had foil and in other colors, I shall check that out. Also, your doily is amazing in color. I'm trying to figure out if the doily is an abstract substitution for something, like a Christmas tree? Either way, the wonderful reindeer has something very captivating to look upon!
Beautiful card Onion and thank you so much for such a fun challenge. ;)
hugs,
Q

butterfly said...

Gorgeous, glowing effect with the alcohol inks and foil, Sue! Would so love to join in, but I'm working away from home, and couldn't bring the whole stash - and I'm afraid the alcohol inks didn't make the cut!
Alison x

Cathy A said...

Such a wonderful effect Sue, I have loads of foil and inks sitting in a draw unused, I must get them out and play now I have seen this!

Paper Profusion said...

Wow - love the foil doily and adore the antlers. Another technique on the todo list to try .... Nicola x

Joan said...

Love that doily! what fabulous colours, I don't have any craft foil but going to see if it works on kitchen foil !

Lili said...

I love your foil doily Sue! You have created a lot of texture in your card. Thanks for the great challenge.
Hugs;)

Barb said...

What a fabulous technique, Sue! You're correct when you say the results are amazing - love your beautiful card! :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... Sue, this card is awesome! I love how you applied the technique on this challenge. Great design! I really enjoy these two challenges you hosted... :)

Rosemary said...

easy peasy she says... ha!! for you my dear friend but for those of us challenge in the area of creating fabulous background with various mediums it is not so "easy peasy"!! (that would be me i'm speaking of!!) what an amazing work of art you have created!!

Kim Price said...

This is gorgeous Sue. I love the effects you have achieved from the alcohol inks and foil. It's such a pretty card.

Greta said...

Just stunning, Sue! Now I have to find my foil & give it a try! I always look forward to reading your comments on my blog, but the last one just made my day! I so appreciate your kindness, my friend.

Dawn said...

fabulous Sue. You've come up with a really great challenge. Your inspirational sample is fabulous.

Buttons said...

Sue, that embossed doily is a triumph! It almost melts into the background and yet still stands out. Thanks for some amazing inspiration (and that tip about the yellow:) Hugs, Buttons x

Mary J said...

Amazing, you always create such eye-popping projects - gorgeous!

Evelyn S. said...

I see that you ink first and cut second. I do the reverse! ;-) The doily makes a fabulous decorative item on your wonderful card, Sue. So inventive to make antlers from a flourish!

Sharon said...

Sue, let me first say, WOW! I just love your creativity! You have come up with some very clever and creative challenges. YOu have made me think about the challenge and have given me the opportunity to 'play' in my craft room. I love how you share your passion with the rest of us.
and second, thank you for your generosity in teaching us different techniques and encouraging us to try something new. (well, new to me). You are truly inspiring and a wonderfully talented artist!
Your work is always lovely.
I hope you have a great week! hugs, sharon w.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just wonderful, the reindeer looks fantastic, love the antlers.

Anita Houston said...

Holy Cow WOW!!! The doily is sheer genius and amazingly beautiful! It looks like it's all beaded...WOW! The deer is a work of art in itself...just crazy gorgeous!!! I love this card...pinning!

Ira Huberts said...

Another amazing creation Sue! I always love seeing what you create using all kinds of materials. Truly lovely! Hugs, Ira xox