Oct 22, 2012

Tags No3 and No4- Funkie Junkie style!

Hello Everyone.

This is the inspiration for Week3
 
I am three weeks behind and another inspirational one is up today, so hopefully I will make the rest this week and I will be back on track, I have until December 17th to complete all 12, but I know what will happen if I leave it until then....  Nothing!

It has been a busy week as I am trying to catch up with you all and at the same time catch up on the  Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style.





 
If you would like to join in the fun, see the rules here.
 I picked up on the trellis, the colour palette and the snowflakes.
Here is my interpretation from her inspiration.
 
The image is from Graphics45 which I fussy-cut, and applied enamelware EP on the foiliage. I then dry embossed the Bg.
The Bg has distress stain dabbed in broken china and tumbled glass, and a touch of White Pearl metallics randomly painted on top.

I have continued with my theme of placing the trims around the edges, and my snowflakes are M.S. and punched out from foil.


 
Linda's Tag No4
A little country!
I picked up many elements from this one.... 
The gingham bg.
The embossed bg. 
The Bow.
The sentiment.
I went with a similar colour palette as well.

I again used a Graphic 45 image and placed this on top of the dry embossed bg, which I distressed a little.
I do not have a gingham stamp but I did purchase a Quatrefoil rubber stamp in San Francisco; I thought it would work; it does have the illusion of gingham don't you think?
I am looking at the image now and wondering if my sentiment 'Believe' is appropriate, as it has the impression that Santa is telling the canine to Believe!!!

Hope you have all had a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue

10 comments:

Dawn said...

These are the "Sue" I know. What fabulous tags Sue. I can't wait to see the bunting all finished and linked together. It's going to look amazing.

Caroline said...

These are gorgeous tags and the bunting looks fantastic. Caroline xxx

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! these are stunning, I love the design and your gorgeous detailing

Sue

Yvonne Garner said...

Your banner flags are absolutely gorgeous! Bravo!

Buttons said...

Oh Sue, two more delightful additions to your banner. Can't wait to see them all together when Linda's challenge is completed. Hugs, Buttons x

Lisa M said...

Heaven help me, I need to lay down!! Sue these are exquisite banner tags. Unbelievable the likeness you've used from Linda's tags, but most definitely defined them with your own style. I am loving these!!!!!

Greta said...

I've loved all your tags, Sue! The quatrefoil stamp is a great substitute for gingham. I think Believe is OK--I talk to my dogs all the time--LOL! Love how you have the trim on all of them. Looks to me like you haven't missed a step even being gone 3 weeks!

Rosemary said...

wow... both banners are absolutely stunning sue... i am so looking forward to seeing the completed piece! it is going to be amazing!!!

Evelyn S. said...

Santa on the blue one has a very determined look on his face! I do love that color theme. Your idea of creating your own "gingham" is a good one, and your resulting flag is so cheerful and seasonal!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh Sue, your banners are so beautiful, just chocked full of beautiful colors and textures. Love the vintage images you are using too. Your bunting is going to be amazing! So please to have you back and playing again with us!

Hugs,
Linda