Oct 18, 2012

Meeting a special person in San-Francisco



Hello Everyone
If you are wondering where I have been for the last few weeks, and you have missed me and my cuneiform, well rest easy because I am back!!!!
I have had an amazing adventure in San Francisco and Las Vegas, I will give you more dialogue with pictures on this journey in the next week, but first I wanted to share with you the joy of meeting a blogging buddie face to face.
I have known Greta virtually (GG Creations) for approx 2years, she lives in Oregon, which is a short flight to SF, when I suggested that we could meet up when I was there I was not expecting a favourable outcome.... but Greta would not let this opportunity slip by and as she has a sister is SF, it was a perfect reason/excuse to catch up and meet me as well.
Here we are: 
At Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley.....where else would two card-makers meet!!!Both inexplicably choosing Turquoise as our attire, and both feeling as if we were meeting a long lost friend, we instantly felt very comfortable with each other.  Greta is as I imagined, a delightful, warm-hearted and genuine individual, I was so excited I started to loose my voice!!!!!! Rob said I was talking too much as usual, but the reality was that I had a virus and I developed Laryngitis, so I was very croaky that day, it did not spoil any of the fun we all had at the shop, doing serious damage to the credit card and sharing a wonderful lunch in Berkeley. I also met Greta's sister Laurie, who is just like her....  Now when I click on to Greta's Blog my senses will be filled with that day in Berkeley, a highlight for certain, and I am so pleased that we decided to make an effort to meet up. 
My perspective on this day...So very special.
Greta has her view-point also, so pop over and read her take on this day in Berkeley San Francisco. 

With our bag of goodies.

 I presented Greta with a gift from New Zealand as a thank you, and also as a constant reminder of the time we had together. When one starts up a Blog the last thing you expect is that you would meet anyone, especially as I live at the bottom of the world.


 The Maori Koru design is inspired by the New Zealand fern frond unfurling as it grows. It represents peace, tranquillity, personal growth, positive change and awakening.
The double twist depicts two new shoots growing together - it represents the joining of cultures, the bonding of friendship for life, so makes a wonderful friendship gift. 
Greta  I am pleased to say was thrilled with it. 



Smiles:)
Sue

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

hello sue!!! so glad you had a fabulous time meeting greta!! she is a sweetie, isn't she! i'm so bummed that i missed greta's phone call that day! i so wanted to actually speak to you... sigh! but, i'm looking forward to seeing all your photos!

Barb said...

Oh, how wonderful that the two of you were able to meet, Sue! Love that you both wore the same color! Thanks for sharing this fun day with us - awesome photos!

Greta said...

Glad you're home safe & sound, Sue. So much fun getting to see you in person--thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation! Can't wait to see what you create with all the goodies you got!

Brenda Brown said...

Iisn't it just a special time meeting up with blogging buddies in another country? It looks like you had such a great time together and I just love Berkley, a fabulous part of SF. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos.
Hugs Brenda xox

Dawn said...

welcome back Sue. I'm so looking forward to see your photos and you sharing your trip. Missed you on Saturday at stamp group. I am so jealous you got to meet with Greta. That would have been very exciting. Loved seeing the photos of you two together.

Evelyn S. said...

I didn't know that Greta is an Oregonian! I've been curious as to how your trip went, and what you liked about California and Las Vegas!

Lisa M said...

That gave me goosebumps to read! What a very special and treasured trip indeed. Awesome pictures, love the coordinating colors and your gift to Greta is so poignantly perfect! Also, love that you have Rob carrying your many purchases...LOL. :D

walchowDesign said...

How fun that you managed to meet up with Greta! Thank for sharing all those lovely photos!