Oct 13, 2012

Circle Card

Hello Everyone.
Our delightful hostess this week at Our Creative Corner is Meihsia Liu -  
and the Challenge is-Fall in the Circle.

Please create a CIRCLE card or project with a FALL theme - colours or objects. 

 I have used the Hero Arts Poppy Stamp.
Stamped image twice, first on the circle die-cut using distress inks,
(you may notice a bit of a kissing effect on the bg from the  Hero Arts envelope stamp).  
The second one I stamped on some scrap card in Black Archival, and colouring the flowers up with copics.
Next, I fussy-cut the heads in a few pieces, popping up some and layering down others.
I added a Sunflower sticker in the left hand corner... and that is it all done!
  Here is a close-up look on how I popped up the petals to create dimension.

 



If you would like to participate in this Challenge and have the chance to be on Top Talent Thursday...... please feel free to do so, we would love to have you on board. 
For more inspiration pop over to the OCC  Blog and say hello to my teamies.





Have a great weekend
Smiles:)
Sue

18 comments:

Caroline said...

Love this card the flowers are beautiful and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xx

Brenda Brown said...

So pretty Sue, love the colours and design.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Sue. I love the poppies, your colouring is wonderful and the design is so beautiful

Sue

Rita said...

Beautiful card Sue. I love what you've done. Hugs Rita xx

Dawn said...

Awesome card Sue. I like circle cards and you have made a beauty here.

Kim Price said...

Hi Sue. Love your card and all that fussy cutting! Wow! The colours in this card really caught my eye when I first saw it - it really stood out and reminded me of waterlilies in a pond

Lisa M said...

Did I read that correctly that you've used the kissing technique again? That looks terrific Onion and your embossing technique on te beautifully Autumn colored flowers really brings out a tactile joy to my eyes!
A gorgeous circle card. :)
hugs,
Quirks

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a stunning creation, Sue. Love the layers of circle and the colors of flowers are amazing. Love it! ... :)

Barb said...

I love the wonderful texture that the Envelope Pattern gives to your background, Sue! Your flowers are so gorgeous - fabulous colors too! :)

Evelyn S. said...

How was California? Glad to see this beautiful circle card with images that I love. I think I need to work on a circle!

Lisa said...

Absolutely LOVE how you raised up the petals for dimension- just beautiful, Sue! Gorgeous colors as well!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

beaUTIful colors & a gorgeous card, I keep coming back to look at it again & again

Greta said...

Love how you colored the poppies, Sue & how you attached the petals for dimension--a new technique I'll have to try! Beautiful card!

Ira Huberts said...

What a delightful card with amazing colours Sue! Love the shape, too, so pretty! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

MarcyK924 said...

Beautiful card, Sue! I love your color palette and all the depth you achieved! Miss you around here!! Hugs, Marcy

Sharon said...

Sue, I continue to be awestruck by your creativity! and this week, is no exception. You always create such beautiful cards. And you use the techniques we generally forget. but looking at your cards, revive those creative juices, and give me the urge to hide out in my craft room, and do some 'kissing'. {smile}
Love the creative depth and attention to detail.
have a great week. hugs, sharon w.

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous circle card, sue! love the perfectly colored poppies!!

Kim x said...

Hi Sue, just love your card. The poppies are fabulous and I just love the background, I really am going to try out the kissing technique, it looks amazing.
Thank you for all of the lovely comments that you have left me, I look forward to the next challenge.
hugs kimx