Oct 26, 2012

A little bit scary!!!!

Hello Everyone.
Welcome to another Challenge set by our lovely hostess for this week Marcy Kaminski.
at: 

Our Creative Corner"MASKING for Halloween Theme Challenge" 
In the "spirit" AND theme of Halloween, we will be using the MASKING technique! 


Marcy asked us to make it scary, so I asked Precious if she thought it was and she confirmed is was 'very scary'!
Would you believe this is the first Halloween card I have ever made!
In New Zealand we do not celebrate to the extent of other countries.

I do not own a single Halloween stamp, image or anything that resembles ghosts, witches, ghouls and such like, so to make this card I searched the net and found this skeleton image and spider....zapped them with dylusions 'fresh lime' and fussy cut to mount them on my Bg, which has also been zapped big time with dylusions inks. 
I found a stencil in my stash that resembled a cobweb so used this as a mask and sprayed on white paint.




 I carried the theme through to the inside and this time I used the head of the skeleton as a mask, along with the cobweb.
 I added some open weave lace as a web effect as well.

I hope to see your name up in lights  thumbnails at the bottom of our Dt inspirations for this Challenge on 'Our Creative Corner'  and you could be our next Top Talent! I am sure you would enjoy being in the limelight for a week.

I know our previous Top Talents have really loved their experience with us, so take some time to have a look, it is posted up on Thursdays.



Have a great weekend
Smiles:)
Sue.

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Brilliant card I love the skeleton. Caroline xxx

Sue - bearhouse said...

this is fabulous, great design and I love the colours

sue

Lisa M said...

I'm thrilled with your FIRST Halloween card Onion!! I do hope it's not your last because the creative ideas you used really come through in a wonderful mixed media production. Terrific the coloring for the animated skeleton and how it's coming off the page with it's "goody jar" and love the extension of the sprayed webbing to incorporate the "owner" dangling down below. The meshy cheesecloth adds a wonderful eerie element as well.
Gorgeous, creepy, spooky, AWESOME card!!!
Hugs to you my friend,
Quirks

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

first Halloween card? it's amazing! I love the "glow in the dark" bright green skeleton & skulls... I think the inside is just as "spooky" as the outside. The sentiment is wonderful, especially I read it in my creepy voice ;-)

MarcyK924 said...

I am gobsmacked, my friend! Did you ever embrace the Halloween spirit!! And the inside is just as awesome! I am dubbing you the "Queen of Halloween in New Zealand!" Maybe you can start a trend on October 31st! I think your card is pure perfection! Hugs, Marcy xo

Greta said...

Amazing card, Sue! I agree with Patience--scary!

Rosemary said...

fabulous card, sue... never would have guessed that you hadn't ever made a halloween card!!

Dawn said...

you certainly took to the challenge Sue. Your card is certainly really spooky ~ love all the elements, masking and all those amazing sprays.

Brenda Brown said...

Definitely spooky scary with rich vibrant colours, fabulous.
Happy Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Mary J said...

Brilliant inking and love the vibrancy Sue!

butterfly said...

Love your cobweb mask - fab colours too - and definitely scary!
Alison x