Sep 24, 2012

The first inspirational Tag

Hello Everyone.
Last year I had the wonderful experience of participating in The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas.
I was so pleased when Linda decided to do it again this year; the title is a bit of a misnomer, as you do not have to make a Tag, you just have to be inspired by one thing on her sample, so this is Linda's Tag that she made.
I love this palette; it has Pink undertones, so I focused in on this plus the heart and flourish, it is hard just to be inspired by one thing!
I am going to make a Christmas banner and each flag will be inspired by each of Lindas Tags as she progresses through the weeks.
The prize is $50 grand prize gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie Boutique. 
There will be runner up GC too.
I am a bit late completing this one, as she has already posted up Tag #2!!!


                     This is what I created.

 My angel image is from Astrid freebies,  I dry embossed with a flourish embossing folder, and gently used my finger with some ink, rubbing over the raised areas. I cut a heart on the cricut and used distress stains for colour, then applied glossy accents over the top.









My Bg is a mix of gesso distress stains and embossing.
My words were cut on the Cricut also using the same technique as the heart shape frame.
Lace trim finishes it off.
I would encourage you to join in this Challenge as it is a little different and it does allow you to put a bit of yourself into the creations.

Hope you all have a great week.
Smiles:)
Sue

15 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

What fabulous techniques and effects Sue. I love your inspired piece there is so much to see and peruse.
Happy Monday.
Hugs Brenda xox

Dawn said...

this is going to be one amazing banner Sue. Love this first flag. Great use of the different textures and elements.

Barb said...

If this fist tag is any indication of what your entire banner will look like, Sue, it's going to be fabulous! LOVE the way you framed the precious angel in the glossy, heart frame! Gorgeous work, my friend! :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I'm so excited to have you participating again this year, Sue! And what a cool idea to create a banner out of the 12 pieces you will be making for this challenge. Your first one is just delightful. You angel is sweet as can be and I really love the way you edged the vintage image with dry embossing! Beautiful colors and textures!

Can't wait to see the next one!

Hugs,
Linda

Lisa said...

Love this unique triangular shape and the embossing you did is perfect! Lovely texture and shine-it really is beautiful :)

Ira Huberts said...

Gorgeous creation Sue, your use of different textures is awesome and I love the colours and the shapes, absolutely darling! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Evelyn S. said...

Oh my! It's delicious, Sue! Love your creative take on the challenge. An embossed triangle....wonderful.

Mary J said...

So gorgeous, Sue! I always lvoe the interest and texture you create!

Rosemary said...

oh goodness.. if this one portion of the banner is any indication, the entire finished banner is going to be stunning!! can't wait to see the next one!!

Buttons said...

What a clever idea Sue. This is going to be such a great challenge and you have made a superb start. Can't wait to see the rest. Hugs, Buttons x

Greta said...

Wow--this is just gorgeous! What a wonderful idea to make a banner with all of them.

Anita Houston said...

I cannot wait to see the finished product...brilliant!

Lisa M said...

Ohhhh beaners, this is outstanding Onion. I never would have guessed a banner, not in a million years and what a TERRIFIC idea!!! My gosh woman, this is lavish and amazing and what you've produced with the cricut and your talent has produced an inspiring work all on its own. I'm sooooo pleased with this, it's gorgeous!!!
I suck, sorry it took so long to get here, but WOW, so glad I finally made it over here. :D
Hope you're having a wonderful time.
Hugs,
Quirks.

susanne said...

This is gorgeous! What a wonderful idea to make a Christmas banner!!

Kate said...

This is a stunner! I love all that texture in the background. Lovely image!