Sep 15, 2012

Sketch Challenge.

 
Hello Everyone.
Look at this sketch, do you like it? Yes, okay then make it up and enter 'Our Creative Corner' Challenge this week, and be in to win a chance to be spotlighted as our Top Talent; there are changes in the wind, we are in the process of finalising the format to best present our winner and make it more special. 
So stay tuned and participate and you could be our next special person.
Our Hostess this week is Chris-( Dot Dot Stamping Designs).
 
There are just two criteria for our challenge:
1.  Make a card for a male (it can be a male of any age....)
2.  Use the sketch below.
3. (Optional) If you wish to, you can also add an extra challenge, which is to use a Monochromatic colour scheme.

 I have two pet hates in card-making, one as you all know is CAS and I am not going to burden you with my thoughts again on this genre and the other is Masculine cards.
It is a privilege for me to be part of the team on OCC  so when I am given a task then one must perform, so perform I did.....whether you are inspired remains to be seen!

I called on TH.... I know....me, the very person who expounded not so long ago that I am not one of his greatest fans! 
Well I called upon him Big Time, and so I have to recant and allow myself to admit that I am a little bitty fan now.
 I used the light bulbs and time pieces to symbolise how my 'dearest one' lights up my life! I gave it to him for his Birthday a few weeks ago, but I think the symbolism was lost on him, or he did not like it because his response was simply:"Oh, you made me a card!"  I beamed "Yes, do you like it?" "Mmmm it's different." So I thought, yeah me....different; what a flaky term, he could have used the word unique, then I would have felt unparalleled, individualistic and oddly enough happier.                                
Now I am asking myself where is the symbolism; is it the light bulb or is it in my individualism! 
The French Lattice is a 'Cheery Lynn' die cut, and it is coloured with Alcohol Inks on Glossy  card stock.  
Now all I have to say is, if you want to see more, pop over to OCC and light up our lives, check up on our Guest Designer this week; Sandra and of course the Teamies.
Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue.
 
                                                      

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh gosh this is brilliant I just love the tiny light bulbs you have used,to make one really amazing card love it hugs Cherylxxx

Dawn said...

Certainly something quite different for you Sue. Quite eclectic. Well done!

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is sooo clever!

Sue

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

eventhough you "hate" manly cards... you did a great job with it! I LOVE the light bulbs, I don't have them because I never had a clue what I'd use them for.... now I've been enlightened ;-)

Ira Huberts said...

Oh my, now this is what I love to see: thinking out of the box and that's exactly what you did Sue! Your card is brilliant!! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lisa M said...

Now had you told your dear husband that you'd colored the lattice with coffee grounds you might have received the pulitzer of crafting awards. I for one enjoyed gathering my own interpretation of your symbolism and elements. The time pieces with no clock in sight, meant for me that your love is timeless and eternal to the "hottie" in your life that brightens your every day. Excellent use of that embossing folder. The sun rays fit together with the bulb's "rays" superbly. Again Onion, you rose to the challenge and exceeded all expectations! "Little bitty fan"...hahahahaha.
Hugs to you,
Quirks

Greta said...

Oh wow--creatively unique--& delightful--no pun intended--just realized it! I like your masculine card.
Check you Flickr mail--I sent you some info.

Christina Barnes said...

Well, I guess I did give you a bit of a challenge, Sue :) I love the use of the light globes and the fabulous colouring on the die cut, the card is very clever and innovative!
Chris

Evelyn S. said...

I always love clicking on your blog and finding the beautiful, restful "periwinkle" color! I, too, dislike making cards for males; I still might try this sketch! (My husband would probably react just as yours did.)

Mary J said...

How clever, Sue - I always love your originality!!

Rosemary said...

my guess is that your poor hubby was stunned into silence by your creative brilliance and could only squeek out that you had made him a card! and he should be stunned by your creative brilliance... your card is amazing!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is another gorgeous card, Sue. I love the beautiful embossed background and cute little light bulbs. Great creation!

Anita Houston said...

Singing the song here!!! I love that you used these bulbs....fabulous!!!!!

walchowDesign said...

Love your idea with the bulbs - great masculine card, Sue!

Ah! I've given up on making cards for my DH already as his response would probably be the same as yours. I'm so happy that I can voiced this out with you!

Nicecrane Designs said...

What a cute idea I am asking if you add some batteries to operate the bubls........wowwwww,

Kim Price said...

Wonderful card Sue. You weren't alone - I had some trouble with this challenge too - but that's what a challenge is designed to do I guess! But you've come up trumps and I love your creation. I especially love the light bulbs and wire and the symbolism behind them.

I think your card is "unique" :)

Buttons said...

Loving the lattice work on this Sue. Great idea with that coloured glossy card as it really stands out. So good that you nailed this challenge. Hugs, Buttons x

Papercrafting Princess said...

Love your creativity...Nice touch with the bulbs!