Sep 1, 2012

Resist with a Twist.

Hello Everyone.
Another Saturday has come around, and once again it is time for 'Our Creative Corner' Challenge.
This week we have the very humorous, very unique and incomparable Lisa (You Made me Ink) as our hostess, and her Challenge will be a popular one; 'Resisting with a Twist'

Here are the FOUR requirements...
1.) Resist Stamping (examples: Versamark, Embossing powder, gel, crayon)
2.)  Describe the technique you used somewhere on your post.
3.) Also, include Wings (Anything with wings or wings by themselves)
4.) This can be a card OR a project (all are welcome!)

Initially I thought butterflies... as most would, but as luck would have it my precious grand- daughter came to visit, and she was dressed as Tinker-belle!
 And an idea was formed; inspiration is everywhere you just have to open your eyes.
It is as different from my canvas (previous post); as chalk is from cheese, but what can I say.... multifaceted is a word that comes to mind.. Mmmm... yes well.....










 

Wax-Paper Technique as a resist.

I used the ordinary super-market waxed paper.








Tear off a piece larger than your card, and squish it up in a ball, to make creases in the wax, the more you squish the smaller your pattern, then gently smooth it out, do not remove all the creases.
Now sandwich this wax paper between two pieces of card stock making sure your waxed side is facing towards your chosen piece for the Bg; I have used Rangers speciality paper.





 
Next step use your iron on a medium setting and press down onto the paper, hold for a short time, continue in this vein until you have released the wax onto the paper. 
Check that it is working by lifting the paper and you should see a pattern developing.










Then you can colour on top with your inks, and as I have said in my last post.... Magic happens! 
Your face automatically breaks into a smile, as each time you do this technique the result is always different.

Now you have a Bg to do with as you please.





Tinker-Belle was coloured in Copics, then I fussy cut her out and mounted her on my Bg.
The wings were White embossed on Acetate, I cut them out too and attached them at the base.




I added flower soft to her skirt for texture, and pearls for a necklace.
And she looks beautiful and Scarlett will love her.












We would love you to join us in this Challenge, we may not have prizes to seduce you with, but what we do have is inspiration and tutorials, and who knows you could be Lisa's choice as Top Talent and be our Guest Designer for one week, now how does that sound?... not enough, well what if I include a visit to your blog, tempted, then wait there's more.... we will leave some love too. xooxx
Now you can't pass this up!!!!

Join us then at OCC and make sure you check up on my teamies.
Have a happy and creative weekend.



Smiles:)
Sue

13 comments:

Mary J said...

Fantastic idea, Sue! I gotta try that - such a beautiful effect!

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous, such an effective technique and the colours are beautiful

Sue

Lisa M said...

hahaha...great post Onion. I'm especially loving the promise of your visit to their blog. That alone is a treat!
I'm sooo excited that you used wax paper for this challenge. An excellent tutorial and sure to inspire. Your source of inspiration will be most pleased with this precious card. Beautiful resist work and glimmery, shimmery wonderousness on those WINGS!!
Q

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

wax resist, say what? oh crap you used the iron, well I can always just look at yours... the iron & I are not on speaking terms ;-) You little fairie is amazing, I love her costume and her wings are beautiful, oh did I mention I love her little fairie dust patch under her? so darn cute!

Brenda Brown said...

Huh, now that's what I call a clever way to produce such a fabulous background and that, combined with your colours, makes a perfect setting for that lovely, sparkly image. Yes indeed inspiration comes from anywhere.
hugs {brenda} xox

Greta said...

I had heard of the wax paper technique, but never got around to trying it. I just love the result you got here, Sue! Tinker-belle is adorable--love the flower soft on the skirt, the wings, the pearls--everything!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a gorgeous card, Sue. Love the cute image and fabulous background. Great take on the resist technique!

butterfly said...

What a fabulous technique... thank you for all the details on how it's done. The finished card is a delight - bet your granddaughter loves it!
Alison x

Evelyn S. said...

She's a cutie Tinkerbelle, Sue! And that wax paper resist technique is so much fun. I might have to try that today, too! (Your color choices are excellent for your darling card.)

Christina Barnes said...

Just too cute, Sue! :) I would never have thought of that technique - must find my iron!! :) Definitely have to give this one a go. Tinkerbelle made me smile!
Thanks for sharing :)
Chris

lainey said...

your background is a beauty Sue :) lainey x

walchowDesign said...

Interesting how you created the bg, Sue!

Lili said...

What a beautiful colors you have chosen for the technique. Great coloring with copics and a lot of texture on Tinker-Belle. I love it ! Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us!
Hugs ;)