Sep 8, 2012

Kissing Technique

Hello Everyone.

Is this not a great title? 
I am not going to explain to you how to plant a 'wet one' as my fellow teamie Lisa would say, no it is far more challenging; it is the technique of using two  different stamps, inking them up in two different colours or just inking the patterned stamp and pressing them together, as in a KiSS and then stamping your image onto your card.
Our lovely Lisa (You Made me Ink)  is our hostess, again this week and today it is her Birthday, so a very 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'  my friend, I hope you have a great day, with lots of pressies of the creative kind; if that is your wish.

The Challenge: to see stamp to stamp (kissing) technique used somewhere on your card or project.  Please give company credit to the stamps you've used. 
The twist is that there needs to be letters X and O somewhere on your project. 

Allsorts has a Challenge going on this week as well which I would like to participate:
Layers, and I do have a few going on in this card.

 I had a plethora of images on my desk kissing one another and nothing was working..... I soon realised that one of the stamps needs to be a solid  image and the other a pattern.. yeah yeah ...                                    

Although I have seen this technique on many cards I had never tried it, so a first for me.
I had a few failures, it is not easy as it sounds, you have to chose the right stamps; one solid and one pattern, once you have that sussed it is a breeze.



My Stamps were:
 HA-Envelope Pattern.
The stamps of life 'Owls 2love'





As you can see the Owl has been kissed by the envelope!
I gave him a Hat and sat him on a textured Branch.

The rest of the card is easy to work out without me having to explain.











 







My teamies as per usual have created more inspiring work for you so once again I will encourage you to pop over to OCC and have a peek.
Our Creative Corner
And I hope you will join us for this weeks Challenge.

Smiles:) 
Sue

15 comments:

Greta said...

I've done stamp kissing, but not sure it's ever come out this good! Darling owl with a unique & background that gives so much interest, as usual for your work. Lovely card! Thanks for the tip about greens--I'll be more adventuresome now!

Sue - bearhouse said...

I love that little owl and the colours and design are gorgeous

I hope you have a good weekend
Sue

Dawn said...

beautifully kissed Sue. Lots of lovely layers and textures. Your work is just as inspiring as any of your team mates...

Kim Price said...

Oh Sue your card is so sweet - I love the little owl image, he is adorable. Great sample of the kissing technique.

Mary J said...

That is fab Sue! Love the papers and how you did the lettering too!

Lisa M said...

Who, who makes dynamic and unique cards???? YOU DO! Onion, I've already said, but this card is completely huggable! Funny that you've made this since now my serenader has changed from hubby to a night owl outside my window at the lovely time of stupid o'clock!
Thank you SOOO much for the wonderful birthday wishes from you.
I'll be back later to absorb more of that gorgeous texture and design. :)
hugs to you ,
Quirks

Anita Houston said...

This is so not the kissing technique I was hoping to see...lol!!! Love your little hooty!!!The hat is perfect...fun fun fun!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a cute owl. Love how you applied the kissing technique. It turned out just fabulous! ... :)

Brenda Brown said...

What a great technique Sue and I love the layers and frames you have used on your card.
hugs {brenda} xox

Rosemary said...

oh my gosh sue... that little owl is the absolute sweetest thing!! love your stamp kissing!! another fabulous card, my friend!!

Craftnut said...

Your cards a "Hoot" thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts. Tracy x

walchowDesign said...

This is a different twist to the normal CAS card, Sue! Love how your pink owl turned out with the kissing technique and that little hat gives a cool look!

Stamps and Paper said...

Sue such a cute card just just that little owl and your wonderful colours

Anne

Sharon said...

Sue, what a simply pretty card! I think you did a fabulous job with your little owl :) she looks very proper with her hat on! and the added X & O's look fab, too!
Sorry to hear you had a bit of a struggle, but the end product is just wonderful! Love the added trim at the bottom of the card! It really grounds the owl print :)
hugs, sharon w.

Sweet Fairy said...

What a cute card. Stunning design. The main key of attraction to something is the designing. Designing is so tough job and i realize this after working for the Print VIP cards company. I appreciate your work.