Sep 18, 2012

Spring Daffodil.

Hello Everyone

 I am once again trying my luck by entering into the Allsorts Challenge this week.


It is Tracy's first week as the hostess and she has set the theme "PURPLE PASSION" great theme Tracy.
I am quite partial to Purple probably because it is a mix of passionate Red and cool dependable Blue.
It lies between Magenta and Violet on the colour wheel if you are interested, and I love the colour Violet because it is softer and restful.  
When teamed with yellow; it’s complementary colour it creates a very forceful statement.

So I thought the perfect element to add to my Bg was the very cheerful, trumpet shaped, Yellow Daffodil with its blade shaped leaves.


I have to thank my dear bloggy friend Greta-(GG creations)  for this image, she kindly sent me a bunch of them last year when I was bemoaning the fact that I had no Daffodil stamps in my collection, and me being of Welsh extraction one would understand that this would not do.
I have since purchased a few Stamps, so all is well.
As you can see I stamped a mix of images on White card-stock to create an interest, used my White gel sakura pen for Faux  stitching. and fussy-cut the Daffodil after colouring with copics.


Hope you like the effect as much as I do.
Smiles:)
Sue





12 comments:

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Sue--I've never seen these stamp look so wonderful! Gorgeous creation! Wish I knew 1/2 as much about color as you do!

Rosemary said...

stunning card, sue... love how that daffodil just pops against the background!

Evelyn S. said...

What a fabulous dimensional card, Sue! Lovely background, too; until I completed reading your post, I thought it was a background stamp. It's a lovely, lovely creation!

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Sue. I love the daffodil. The background you have created looks wonderful

Sue

Ira Huberts said...

Your daffodil is really special Susan, love the 3D effect and its bright, lovely colours! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Dawn said...

I do like Sue. A lovely spring card. Your daffy is fabulous and as usual your wonderful background is perfect with all the elements

Brenda Brown said...

Your daffodil image really pops and I love the stamped background Sue.
Hope you are having a good week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Barb said...

Been trying to catch up after a busy weekend at Scrapfest - I'm glad I stopped by to see that gorgeous daffodil! Beautiful card, Sue! :)

Sarah said...

This is just beautiful Sue, love the daffodil and pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Purple Passion challenge x

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue,
Wow!! This is gorgeous--the daffodil looks so real and the colors are perfect. Sorry that I haven't been around this summer. It has been a busy time for me. Have spent a lot of time with my children and grandchildren. Hope that you are having a wonderful week. Take care.

Hugs to you,
Sue

Mary J said...

So beautiful Sue! The pop of yellow with the purple is gorgeous!

Lisa M said...

Man o' man, my eyeballs are desperately trying to get up under the Daffodil and see how you did that! I feel like the little girl in the movie, Despicable Me, when she says, "IT'S SO FLUFFY!" I need not make mention of my approval on your color choice (I'm giddy)and that is the most sensational faux stitching. Without a doubt, entirely perfect accent to a gorgeous Birthday card.
Hugs to you Onion,
Quirks