Sep 26, 2012

Flag #2

Hello Everyone.
Continuing the....
Funkie Junkie Style 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge. 
I have to be honest and say I was not over excited about Linda's inspirational Tag#2, as it felt too grungy for me.
But as Linda says, ' this challenge is all about having fun and exploring new art'.
I did have fun!


                                                                        Flag#2


My word are thickers, which have been inked with distress stains.

 I have followed through with a similar colour palette as Flag#1.
Also dry embossed the bg in circles, that look similar to gears. 
I must say I am pleased with the result.  
Smiles:) 
Sue.

10 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A super piece and I can see all of them together will end up as a wonderful Christmas decoration.
Thanks for the inspiration.
hugs {brenda} xox

Barb said...

It's fabulous, Sue! Love all the wonderful texture!

Greta said...

Beautiful work, Sue! Love how those letters came out using the Distress stains & the background is gorgeous! The snowflakes & framed Santa & the lace--all lovely together.

Evelyn S. said...

You have reason to be pleased with the result, Sue! It's a happy holiday flag! (My tag is in progress, but I'm not happy with where I am so far.... hopefully, I'll have more ideas in the morning.)

Dawn said...

another beauty Sue. I love the texture you have got and the soft colours. You have taken Linda's elements and made a special flag.

Виктория said...

Sue, I like your flag! It 's very original decission! You will have 12 flag for Christmas!

Anita Houston said...

What a fabulous idea to do a banner...you're brilliant!!! And...it's gorgeous too! Love the patina'd looking background.

Mary J said...

Wow, just gorgeous, Sue! The lace just softens the whole thing - beautiful!

Ira Huberts said...

oh yes you can certainly be pleased with the result Sue for this is gorgeous! You just always create the most fabulous backgrounds, very creative!! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lisa M said...

This banner is going to look flippin' sensational when it's all done! My gosh, I love flag #2 so much. Father Christmas is snuggled in wonderfully and the vibrance of the peace word is just perfect for highlighting Santa's outfit. LOVE IT!!!
I can't wait to get started now. :)
Hugs,
Q