Sep 22, 2012

A card with a bit of everything!

Hello Everyone.
Today the sun is shining in Auckland and we are thankful, why? 
Because we have not seen too much of it this year and we are already into Spring!
The sun is also shining on 'Our Creative Corner' Challenge this week and why? 
Because  once again we have a brilliant theme set by my fellow Dt Chris Barnes.




I will tease you with my first image, as I love my ink stained flowers that connect with the cup-cakes, along with the teeny weeny buttons.
I chose not to add turquoise, though I was tempted, I noticed the wall in the Bg and picked up on this for my card and one of the layers, which as you can see I dry embossed.






On close up  you will observe additional stamping and some bling, not too sparkly though.



















And now for the texture, I did it all; distressing, paint, embossing, crimping, lace, burlap and if I had any more room I would have kept going... Ha.

Now some added information for you, we at OCC are changing the format for our Guest Designers, and from October we will be having a 'Top Talent Thursday'  where the winner of our Challenges will be centre stage and where she/he will present some work and answer a  few questions. 
Now how would you like to be part of this? 



We have a huge following so if you want your name and Blog up in lights on 'Our Creative Corner' all you have to do is participate in our Challenges and you never know we may pick YOU!!!!

So hop along to the Blog HERE and browse through the Dt's  samples and be inspired, sit at your desk and create a
'Wow' for us.


Smiles:)
Sue. 


16 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow just love this hun those textures are just amazing,and love the stamps you have used,and those lush flowers and hearts hugs Cherylx

Brenda Brown said...

A wowzer Sue, love your interpretation of the photo and all the fabulous texture and dimension you have created.
Have a happy, creative weekend.
Hugs Brenda xox

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning. I love the colours and wonderful textures.

Sue

Dawn said...

stunning textures Sue. I can't believe you got all the scrummy pastels into your delightful card. Those soft flowers look amazing with the textured background.

Lisa M said...

I can't decide which element I like the best! My eyes can't stop floating from one texture to the next. You absolutely went all out on this project. The corrugated heart with three little buttons just sends me, but the embroidered yellow bow with burlap is eye candy too. The wripple of the paper that matches the stitching..wonderful. A card that pleases all the senses, Onion! Job well done here. :)
hugs to you my friend!
Quirks

Barb said...

Sue, this is amazing! So much fabulous texture! Love it!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous creation, Sue. Love the beautiful embellishments and fabulous textures..... :)

Ira Huberts said...

Oh cool Sue! What pretty textures on your card, there's so much to see and I really like that! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

his card really does have it all, Sue. Like Lisa, I keep looking and seeing more techniques and textures and can't decide what I like best, but I think it's the stamped and embossed layer, but of course, those corrugated hearts are pretty cool too! Sensational piece of work and so excited that you also entered it in Sunday Share at Frilly and Funkie!

Hope you are having a great weekend - glad the sun is shining!

Hugs,
Linda

Rosemary said...

i think you are the queen of texture, miss sue! it always amazes me how you can have so many different textures on one card and they all work in harmony! if i tried to do that it would simply be a mess... guess that is why i stick to CAS!

Mary J said...

You always create such great texture and interest with your projects, Sue! Totally beautiful!

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Sue.,what a great selection of textures on your card and such wonderful colours

Anne

Greta said...

You are amazing, Sue! This leaves me speechless--except to say I love those flowers & the tiny buttons--Wonderful piece of work!

Anita Houston said...

Total yummy goodness texture and all those elements! This is over the top cool and so gorgeous Sue!

Lili said...

As usual Sue, your creations amaze me !!! and this is no exception. This is a happy card, the colors, hearts, flowers , everything shows your creativity. Love it!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Woohoo! I'm back again to say thanks for sharing this beauty with us over at Sunday Share. It's always so much fun to see how artists are using the items from my boutique! Love it, Sue!

Hugs,
Linda