Aug 13, 2012

Surprise... CAS from me!!!

Hello Everyone
A couple of weeks ago I was challenged by a few of my Dt mates at OCC to make a clean and simple card, and anyone who knows me will appreciate my trepidation at such a Challenge.
I initially ignored the suggestion, hoping it would disappear; as things so often do in blogland... but I was not going to be so fortuitous.
The culprits I will name, as they so deserve to be named: Marcy Kaminski -En Papillote Arts and Anne-Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne. 

I spent all day Saturday at Stamp Group working on these cards, and the group that were putting up with me on that day should receive a medal; a Gold one!
If it was not for their support and encouragement I would not have persevered.
 Anyway enough of my lamentations, I will show you my first card and then over the next few days, I may show you the rest; yes I did make more than one! 
 
The embossed flower is Stamping up and the trellis border is memory box(thanks Dawn).
The ink is squeezed lemonade distress inks, which always looks puce Green when photographed!
I have a teeny bit of negative space.













This is a close-up, you may pick up the three little pearls. I initially had a ribbon attached but that came off, I think it was pulled apart a few times and looked at a thousand!

I am not going to pass comment on the card as I usually do, I will leave that to you. I will relay my thoughts at the end of the week.
If I can use an analogy to explain my lack of creativity these past few weeks it is like our weather;  'a huge low sitting over the country and it is very slow moving!'
I am hoping this change of genre is going to allow the clouds to disperse an let the sun shine in... Yeah.


With that hope I will send a smile, as always, and wish you a good week.
Sue:) 

11 comments:

Barb said...

Love the analogy, Sue! :) And I also love this card! It may be CAS, but you still managed to add some wonderful "Sue texture"! Beautiful! I really hope you share the rest of them! :)

Dawn said...

It looks great Sue.... the ribbon really had to go to make it CAS... and as Barb said.... some "Sue texture" gives it a bit of Vroom.... I can testify to the colour being much nicer for real. Well done my friend.

Stamps and Paper said...

Sue this is so pretty....love the die cuts...

Anne

Mary J said...

Gorgeous Sue! The embossing just makes the whole card pop!

Ira Huberts said...

How lovely this is Sue! Somehow reminds me of Wedgwood porcelain! Very elegant! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Lisa M said...

I'm certainly anxious to know your opinion of this card and I'm hoping it's in line with these wonderful comments you're getting. I'm very proud of you for taking the challenge and definitely the outcome is more than pleasing! I never would have thought to do the inking in the way that you have. Leaving the negative space is perfect and pairing it with two gorgeous embossed textures has created such a gorgeous eye candy card. Having no sentiment leaves this versatile for many, many ocassions and I for one think it's sensational! Cannot wait for the unveiling of more. :)
Nicely done Onion...kudos to YOU.
Quirks

MarcyK924 said...

I snorted coffee all over my keyboard! THIS rocks! Now, I know you - I think you embossed the flowers and thought it still needed something, so you added the trellis border, which is gorgeous. But because of your perfect inking, you didn't even need the trellis - you really could have left that area the was it is. What do I know, though. You are a braver girl than I! It's beautiful, Sue and I can't wait to see your other cards! I am going to do one too and then I want your comments! This can be a challenge to each other! Hugs, Marcy :)

Rosemary said...

well... miss sue! you have surprised me with this little CAS gem. but i do agree with marcy... i think you could have left off the mb die cut and let the embossing stand on its own. hugs!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Be still MY HEART, Sue!! Look at this CAS-tastic gem...although I had to look twice to make sure I was on the correct blog. You are TOO funny! All that and you named names...you called Marcy and I out, you little devil. Lol!! I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and guess what?...you rocked the CAS! I know it was probably killing you to leave that ribbon off but the whole design is really effective without it. Seriously! I love that lemony ink, too. Can I ask who makes it? Hope you had a great day today! Hugs to you! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Be still MY HEART, Sue!! Look at this CAS-tastic gem...although I had to look twice to make sure I was on the correct blog. You are TOO funny! All that and you named names...you called Marcy and I out, you little devil. Lol!! I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and guess what?...you rocked the CAS! I know it was probably killing you to leave that ribbon off but the whole design is really effective without it. Seriously! I love that lemony ink, too. Can I ask who makes it? Hope you had a great day today! Hugs to you! :)

Greta said...

Oh how pretty--So glad you didn't give up! I can only imagine what that group was like--LOL!