Aug 30, 2012

Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone

This little canvas has been painstakingly worked on for two weeks as I wanted to enter the Frilly and Funkie Challenge: How can you Resist ? 

I always have good intentions of entering each fortnight, but I spend too much time pottering around and not organising a project. I was determined to enter this Challenge as the inspiration was incredible with the Dt samples, I am always amazed by their talent.

My framed image you may recognise as a stamp that I deconstruct, it is by inkadinkado.
I stamped the image with versamark on Rangers speciality stamping paper, then I blended broken china/shabby shutters over the top, dried it off and wiped off the excess ink from the image and voilà my image is revealed- resist is like magic.
 
 That is the Challenge part over with.
 Now for my embellishments to enhance this lovely image. 
The frame was cut on the cricut using the fancy frames cartridge.
I handmade a cornucopia of flowers, I really went OTT  using all different media; burlap, inked up dried baby wipes, yarn and wool and I added a button for good measure.
You will also find a metal Heart that I painted up, and a lock, some pearls to tie the spray together.





And here is the canvas... the background was prepared by applying gesso to give a textured substrate for my Dylusions inks that I purchased from Funkie Junkie boutique. (button below post).
The sentiment was printed on the computer then glued down, and I sprayed over this as well.
The butterfly  is one from my stash  I glued this down as well.

I am pleased with the result. I hope my friend will like it too.

Thanks for visiting, I appreciate your wonderful comments, have a good day.
Smiles:)
Sue 




18 comments:

Dawn said...

what an amazing canvas Sue. So much texture and elements. And all your wonderful flowers are totally incredible.

Brenda Brown said...

Just love this canvas Sue, you have created a masterpiece with those vibrant colours and fabulous flowers. Beautiful.
Hugs Brenda xox

Ira Huberts said...

Good heavens Sue, what a fabulous canvas this is, great colours and flower arrangement and the quotes are superb as is the 'photo negative' stamp! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW! This is stunning. I really love the colours and all the wonderful detailing. Your flowers are gorgeous too.

Sue

Rita said...

What can I say. Its absolutely beautiful, so very interesting too with all those beautiful flowers. Hugs Rita xx

Barb said...

Sue, your added embellies are all so gorgeous, and the colors on your canvas look amazing! So beautifully done! Good luck in the challenge!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful piece of art, Sue! It is always a treat to visit you with all the lively colours and the wonderful embellishments.

Tracie Dean said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love how it turned out!! You are so gifted!

Terry said...

Very pretty! Love the resist effect and the flowers add such an elegant and delicate touch! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

penny4thoughts said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Sue! I love resists and agree that they are magical. Your flowers to embellish your canvas are so beautiful - you must be thinking about Spring :-)

Rosemary said...

gorgeous canvas, sue... i do not think anyone does OTT quite as well as you!! the cornucopia of flowers is stunning!! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful canvas! I love your rich colors, your resist, and all those lovely clustered embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

Anita Houston said...

I am totally digging your resist and then the blue on top...so creative! Fabulous canvas!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

Mary J said...

The way you use colour is amazing Sue! This is gorgeous!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Sue--this is truly a treasure! I love resist & this is perfection! Your embellishments amaze me. Wonderful, wonderful gift for your friend.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Stunning canvas,,,,,,what a gorgeus colors...and these flowers and incredible ones,,,,,,,love the coloring.......really love it.

lainey said...

this is gorgeous Sue!! lainey x

Lisa M said...

I just about threw a fit right here on your blog! I was having the BEST time enlarging the pictures and taking it all in and then done.... no mas, nada, zilch, zip, zero. I do believe I went into a mild trance. I couldn't believe all the flowers you've created Onion. The arrangement and textures and colors, just enthralling. Then there's the resisting you've done to perfection and the fancy frame with the canvas backing. KUDOS to you my friend, virtual standing ovation and high five on this project. I'm so happy you found time to have a play just for you. This is UNBELIEBABLY gorgeous and the sentiment...wonderful. ;)
I'm soooo sorry it took me like a snail to get over here, but WOW! Who got the best surprise? ME!! Beyond inspirational this one is...
Bowing as I leave,
Quirks