Aug 25, 2012

Lets go into the Garden!

Hello Everyone.
I went Red last week now I need to go Green, not only  literally, but the other way as well and that is to recycle items; in other words eco-friendly;  
 has a Challenge this week  hosted by the mindful and conscientious Kim Price and her theme is to  Recycle It!  - packaging comes to mind right away so let's use some packaging on our creations. And don't forget the colour Green!


This is my Gardening book, it is full of congruous information on plants and basically everything you would want to know about scattering the seed. Unfortunately this pastime no longer prevails in this household, so I thought I could possible recycle some pages and make a card.
















 ....and look a  picture....I ripped it out!



 
...and look, a picture of a Gladioli... I ripped this out too!




 I used copics to colour up the flowers, they were too lemony and insipid,  and cried out to be dancing like 'Wordsworths'  golden daffodils.
I fussy-cut the spray, and just used one leaf... only because I could not make the three leaves look good in my design.
 Applied a White gel pen to the centres, and added the butterflies along with the twine.




And here is the finished card. 

 I thought 'Ralph Waldo Emerson' quote; which I happen to have on my blog header, would be perfect for this scene.

 

And of course as always, my teamies have done their part too, so pop over and have a browse, hopefully you will be inspired to join us this week 
at Our Creative Corner, we would love to see what you choose to use, look around, it is surprising what you can re-use to make a lovely  and unique creation.





Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue

22 comments:

Greta said...

Well, you've done it again-- wonderful creation, Sue! I love that you actually tore pages out of your book & the tulips are now 1000% improved--just gorgeous!--& the picture is the perfect background for them. Brilliant!

Muthu Pearl said...

very good thought of Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes. Thanks for sharing this quotes with us.

Dawn said...

gorgeous card Sue. You chose perfect pages and images for your card. The added colour to the daffodils really makes them pop.

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous "go green" card, Sue! The colored daffodils really spiced up the ripped page - a combination of rustic bg and modern flowers! Great job!

Barb said...

What a neat idea, Sue! And it turned out beautifully! We've been selling lots of pretty gladiolas in my store lately and yours are colored perfectly!

Lisa M said...

I felt like I walked out of my bedroom and stepped into the most relaxing Bed and Breakfast patio this morning. I even enjoyed reading the fine print of the page and learning how to make a narrow garden appear wider. I'm impressed that you tore not just one, but two pages from a book and designed such a tranquil botanical retreat. Fantastic coloring with your copics Onion.
Hugs to you my very talented friend,
Quirks :)

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness, what a fabulous idea and card! The pictures you took have been completely transformed into a lovely piece of work!

Joan said...

I love what you have done with your book pages, the gladioli look fab ( your fussy cutting is so neat!) I bought a book of botanical prints to tear up but haven't plucked up courage to use it yet.........

Joan

Kim Price said...

Sue, this is just amazing. I had no idea you used a gardening book to create this little masterpiece until I read through your instructions. Your colouring is WOW. This is such a resourceful project. I may have to dig through my old books too - I am sure I saw an old gardening book somewhere....

Evelyn S. said...

What a delightful idea...and delightful result! Fussy cut daffodils---wow! Your choice to make the color richer was a great idea.

Brenda Brown said...

This has worked beautifully Sue, such an inspirational piece for recycling and your additional touches have completed the design perfectly.
Hugs Brenda xox

Ira Huberts said...

Well Sue, I'm never in favour of tearing up books (too much of a book worm I guess ;-) but in this case I can only say WOW, glad you did, the image makes such a fine background, looks as if it's been stamped, too. Love your beautifully coloured daffodils! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is absolutely marvelous, Sue! I initially thought you had used a large background stamp for the garden. Using the page from the book is brilliant and what a beautiful image you found - love the gentle greens and the delicacy of the drawing. And the gladioli are just gorgeous - I really like the way you added the color and the dots with the white gel pen. You so totally rocked this challenge - awesome work!

Hugs,
Linda

Anita Houston said...

I love your ripping technique...lol! This is a stunner! That vintage garden scene in green is fabulous, and to use it as a background is eye candy! Love the transformed flowers...wow! What an awesome recycled project!!!!

Barb said...

HI Sue, First of all, thanks much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment, I truly appreciate both.
Your card is amazing, luv your attention to detail, the 3-D look and your fantastic "coloring" with the Copic markers.
What a terrific blog header too.
Happy creating,
Barb

Jan Hennings said...

what a beautiful piece :)

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwww, Love the vintage effect here and these all soft tones,,,very weel done Sue.

Lisa said...

Loved the process of putting this together, Sue! It certainly is a gorgeous finished product :) Love how the edges of the white almost look like they have been singed with flame!

Mary J said...

So gorgeous Sue! Love the vintage feel and the twine is very clever!

butterfly said...

So delicious - love the pictures from the book (brave of you ripping up books, but so worth it!) - and the whole thing is beautifully finished!
Alison x

Rosemary said...

hello sue!! i thought i had commented on this beautiful piece of art, but it appears i had not! shame on me!! i love how enhanced the flowers from the gardening book... brilliant idea!

Lili said...

Hi Sue! Another stunning creation! That image and the flowers are gorgeous. Your coloring makes those flowers be the perfect focal point. The quote is great. Love everything about your card. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us.
Hugs;)
Lili