Aug 14, 2012

CAS no2

 Hello everyone
Here I am again this morning with my second of four CAS cards that I am going to show this week.
I actually like this card today, so it probably will not qualify as a CAS!
But first I must express my surprise that I received such positive responses to my puce Green card yesterday; (it does not look that bad in real life).
Well, I will not keep you in suspense any longer, I can envisage you all fidgeting on the chair with excitement! (not).
The technique used here is double embossing; the butterfly has been die-cut then embossed on top of my Bg through the Big shot, which causes the butterfly to embed into the Bg, so it looks as though it is part of the Bg, which of course it is now.




BUT WAIT.... there is more!






I embossed  a frame around my image.
Now to me there is plenty of negative space on this card, but, as you can see below..........




.........I  added a sentiment.
Sorry I could not help myself.







The sun is trying to peek through the clouds today... ahhh is this an omen; a sign of things to come,  what an exciting thought.


NB. Marcy you know me too well it seems!
Smiles:)
Sue



9 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Get outta here...not one, not two...but FOUR CAS cards??!! I need to see this to believe it! Lol! The technique you shared on today's card is fabulous! I love the negative space, too. But I agree with you that the sentiment was the perfect touch. I wish we lived closer, Sue! I would love to create with you. You always inspire me! Big hugs, friend! :)

Rosemary said...

it seems you are becoming more comfortable with CAS, my dear sue! (no... i'm not falling out of my chair! i knew you had it in you, lol!!) your card today is lovely and very CAS!

sue - bearhouse said...

Stunning card, gorgeous design and I love the butterfly

Sue

Dawn said...

Told you that you could do it Sue. I loved the way you used the die to make the embossing. Your central panel is stunning. I love the colours and how you matted it with the PP. Plus I had the added advantage of seeing your creativity at work.

Ira Huberts said...

Your butterfly frame is remarkable Sue, it has such pretty colours and I really love how you incorporated your butterfly into the embossed background!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Tracie Dean said...

I love what you have done with the butterfly. The frame is awesome.

Lisa M said...

Holy WOWZERS O!! I'm tongue tied and thrown back... Are you sure you're not just secretly playing naive to this whole genre because these cards you're producing really speak volumes!
Setting aside my obvious love for your work, I won't be biased, but honestly, this is one of the most gorgeous CAS cards I've ever seen. I really love the embossing in the white that gives it its own strengths but the addition of the butterfly, skewed is amazing. Absolutely perfect with the sentiment.
I'm beyond pleased with the inspiration you've offered out here and what a pleasure to see such a gorgeous card!
Nicely done, Onion, nicely done.
Quirks

Greta said...

I have to learn how to do the embossed frames as I totally love that look. I've never done the double-embossing, so now that's on my to-do list, too! You always inspire me, Sue, even though my crafting is nothing close to yours. Thank you, my friend!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww love your embossed card,and these stunning butterfly....yeahhhh