Aug 4, 2012

A Tulip and not much else...

Hello Everyone.
First up apologies for not visiting this week, I am watching the Olympics, so my routine is grounded and probably will be for another week.
Anyway to the task in hand, we are well into August and it is Saturday so that means another Challenge at Our Creative Corner.
This week our hostess is Paula McClane and the theme is  Bling/Nature!
Use rhinestones, stickles, glitter, etc along with items found in nature (plants, animals, etc)!  A bit of Bling mixed with nature...




Here is my sample for you to contemplate on; it is a Tulip(nature) and a Bling trim. I just had a thought, are pearls classed as Bling? I do have some kindy glitz on the tulip. 


The Tulip stamp is 'Printworks'?
 I have stamped it with Black versafine and heat embossed on top of cardstock that had previously been dry embossed. Coloured up in copics-- my one Red; R27 (I really should get another) and Greens G99 YG03... odd combinations I know but it looks okay, no doubt all the copic fanatics will be cringing, to me if it looks good then it works.... what else can I say.
I have fussy-cut the Tulip and attached it to the Bg.


As you can see there is not much going on, it is a congenial card, the most one can say is that it is pleasing to the eye,  no-one will look upon this card and say WOW!!!!!
It has just enough interest, but little else.
I should be thankful that I made it this good, as my spark-plugs need energising, there is no originality oozing from this medulla of mine at present. 
I just wish this cold weather would go away!

Someone please transport some inspiration to me, show me your creations and post them up on the Blog here, and while you are there pay a visit to my teamies as their creations will probably entice you even more to play along.
We would love you to join in and show us your talent, you could be our next Guest designer! Now that would be special not just for you, but we would all enjoy it as well!


Have a great weekend and thanks heaps for the visit.
Smiles:)
Sue

23 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh just love this hun adore what you have done to the flower and love the background effect too,i have been watching the Olympics too,great tv hugs Cherylxxxx

sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning, I love the image and the colours and design are gorgeous

Sue

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

this. rocks. nuff said really but I'll expand a bit.... here's what I love: the coloring, the bling on the fower, the lace with pearls, the backgrounds, the stitching, the layerng... what I don't: not a single thing!

Lisa M said...

Hello to you Onion,
Your post doesn't sound like your usual self, but I understand the necessary distraction with the Olympics..I personally cannot wait for the Winter olympics and I would love to be transported to a cooler place! I'll glady ship you some heat, but as for mojo...I think you're holding your own just fine! Of all the things that intrigue me about your card, the pattern of the leaf really caught my eye! LOL..It's the little things that delight me. I'm a fan of G99 myself and I'm not sure why they make any other colors..haha! I think your tulip is sensational and is blinged perfectly and certainly pearls count! A truly glorious birthday card you've designed here. Enjoy your olympics and I look forward to seeing your next creations.
hugs to you,
Quirks :)

Lisa said...

If this is what no inspiration looks like, then I want some! I do know what you mean though...feeling the same way myself!
I like all the different elements here and the collage of all different stamps. It's very pretty :)

Barb said...

Even when you're not feeling it, you create a gorgeous card! It really is beautiful, Sue!

MarcyK924 said...

Sue, you are so funny! This is a VERY detailed and interesting card! All your projects are works of art and I would LOVE to be in your medulla when you are creating! :) Your stamp layering is always an inspiration to me and your flowers are so impressive. I'd love to see you just try to do a CAS card! I double dare ya, LOL! Hugs, Marcy xo

I'm enjoying the Olympics too! You can have our heat!

Ira Huberts said...

Your tulip card is very artistic Sue, and you're very wrong in saying no-one will say 'wow', because I just did ;-) I think it's totally cool! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Anne Marie Hile said...

Well, I'm looking at this card and saying WOW, so there! Ha! You are so funny, Sue. How hard we can be on ourselves thinking every project has to be chock full of detailed arrangements. Often less is more, a lot of the time. I think your card is gorgeous and if you aren't sure if you love it you can always mail it to me. The spot of sparkle is so pretty on that tulip, also.

You know, I'm with Marcy on challenging you to a CAS card. What do you say? Hope you have a fun weekend!

Matz said...

Awesome! Love it :-)

Dawn said...

Hi Sue... I like your card. More than enough interest.... The pearls are most certainly bling... I, too, haven't done much crafting due to watching Olympics and going away for the weekend with NO crafty stuff with me! Must get organised and make a card for the challenge!

Stamps and Paper said...

Sue this is stunning work and your colours are gorgeous and always blend together so well

Anne

chanya13 said...

Beautiful tulip and sweey color combo.

Mary J said...

Another gorgeous vintage card, I love the distressing and lace Sue!

Rosemary said...

you are being far too hard on yourself regarding this card, sue... there is lots to take in besides the lovely tulip! i love the little bit of lace at the bottom, the subtle stamping and distressing! another lovely masterpiece!

Meihsia Liu said...

Sue, I love your beautiful card and I think it's full of interesting details and 'wow' elements. Also, you are lucky there, because here in Texas, everyday is more than 100 degree... I'm almost melting... :)

Greta said...

I've wondered if pearls count as bling, myself. I say, yes, for what it's worth! Anyway--I don't know why you think not much going on with this card. I see layers, a great variety of images put together just right, bling, trim, beautiful colors--lots that is indeed, pleasing to the eye! Lovely card, Sue. I would love to enter this challenge if I can get something made--low mojo here.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card with so many layers of stamping, Sue!

Evelyn S. said...

This is fabulous bling, Sue! I happen to like the rich color of the tulip...beautifully done! (Have been on a week-long trip, so am just now catching up!)

Christina Barnes said...

Lol.. Sue, what's wrong with it? There are so many gorgeous elements to this card, the music background is sensational and I love all that lovely bling, plus lots of nice textures. Gorgeous! :)
But I hope you feel like the inspiration is coming back real soon, 'cause I love seeing your work.
Chris

Anita Houston said...

What in the world Sue??? There should be no sadness in this...a happy tulip all blinged out. It's gorgeous, perfectly colored, and all the stitching and layers make this card a WOW for me! I love your background stamping as well! Wish I could trade weathers with you...that is probably why you have the blahs...you need some sun! But this project is not blah...it's gorgeous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I always love all the texture and beautiful details you put into your work Sue. I don't think this is plain at all. The colors are lovely and that lace looks amazing. I'm enjoying the Olympics too!

Hugs,
Linda

Lili said...

Another beautiful creation, Sue! There are so many details that I love in your card, the false stitching, your tulip and the bling on it, the stamps your used in the background and behing de tulips, the flower lace and the pearls. Your are such an inspiration. Let me tell you WOW, I love your card!
Hugs ;)