Jul 14, 2012

Harmony of Colours.

Hello Everyone.
It is Saturday once more and this week at:
 'Our Creative Corner'  and hostess Sharon has set the theme:
 Navy, Pink and ( you decide). Plus an inspirational photo.
 

My image was chosen from The Nicecrane  collage sheet 'Le chic Parisiens'. 
I did Photo-shop her a smidgen.




Wonderful colours, you have to agree.









My choice is LIME and I used it as an accent along with the Navy to create a balanced harmony with the Pink.
I mounted her on card stock that was inked up and stamped with Faded Jeans Distress Inks.
Victorian Velvet is the next layer, which I stitched twice on the machine.
I had this gorgeous Lime satin ribbon that I folded over on itself with double-sided tape, to create some texture, along with the soft Pink Lace which also adds the tactile quality that I wanted.
 To complete I made a Lime double bow with a brad.









 
You may think the stitching looks aimless, but in actuality it has been carefully designed to look as if I cannot sew straight!
This assignment was the most exacting part of the whole card, the assumption to all; myself included, is that stitching is meant to be straight!
Creating another interest on the card was my intention here and it worked, as you now have some movement that connects with her Pashmina.














So off you go now and visit my fellow teamies Here and spend a few minutes with them.
We have some new Dt's that you may wish to say Hello to and who would love your support in their first Challenge, and while you are doing that, give a shout to us oldies as well, just to reassure us that you are alive and well and loving what we are inspiring you with.

Have a great weekend.
Smiles:) as always,
Sue.

20 comments:

Caroline said...

Morning Sue.... What a beautiful card love the image and your layout is gorgeous. Love the lime green it makes everything pop. Caroline xxx

Ira Huberts said...

She's a real stunner! What a fantastic way of adding all the fine trims Sue, gorgeous card, so elegant! Enjoy your weekend, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

sue - bearhouse said...

stunning card, such a beautiful and elegant image and the colours and detailing are gorgeous

Sue

Lisa M said...

Well I dropped the jaw when I read you "tweeked" the Nicecrane image; which looks outstanding and then there's the folded ribbon; absolutely terrific texture and then the ribbon baubles at the bottom, but the intentionally planned sporadic sewing...FANTASTIC! You've melded the movement and color and texture so magnificently here Onion. :)
Thank you for the very sweet welcome aboard. I'm beyond thrilled to be amongst such terrific talents.
Hugs to you,
Quirks

Anita Houston said...

This is uber gorgeous!!! I am so impressed! The image is just striking and the embellishment fabrics make it luxurious!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow...another stunning card, Sue. Love your choice of color and the gorgeous lace and ribbon. The image is just fabulous! ... :)

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... what a feast for the eyes this is ... love all the lace treatment and how stunning is that green against the pink and blue .... such a pretty vintage image - you have added the perfect adornments surrounding her!

Rosemary said...

hello sue!! you have created another mini masterpiece as only you can do... chic and sophisticated just like the lady in your image!

Christina Barnes said...

Yes, Sue, the stitching really finishes the card off. I normally do faux stitching on my cards, but you have inspired me to try it out with my sewing machine next time. This card is just gorgeous, I love this lady, she is sooo elegant!

Dawn said...

WOW Sue. Your card is like a mini work of art. Totally stunning

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Sue what a beuatiful card, love the colours and that gorgeous design.....

Anne

butterfly said...

Wow... I would never have imagined lime green as the solution to what I think is a tricky colour challenge, but this is sensational! And what a great image she is.
Alison x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeus Sue,,,,,I love these amazing colors and your lace,,,,,OMG,,,, what abeautiful card you did with my elegant vintage women,,,,,woww,wowww,,,, thanks for sharing my friend.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Absolutely stunning, Sue, LOVE your color combo of Faded Jeans and lime. I think the uneven stitching is wonderful and all the lace gives such a lush feel. Just a gorgeous art piece.

Hugs,
Linda

susanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue!!

Greta said...

Beautifully done, as always, Sue! Love the colors & how you used the ribbon at the bottom--gotta perfect that. The pink trim is so lovely & perfect here.

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Sue! What an utterly gorgeous card! The image is fantastic and I love the folded ribbon nd stitching. Thank for stopping by my blog today. Best, Yvonne

Mary J said...

That is simply stunning Sue! That splash of green is pure genius!

Lili said...

What a beautiful card,Sue! I love the frame you created around the lady, and those green ribbons give a touch of vibrancy to your card. If I were you I would frame it and hang it on the wall.
Hugs ;)

Marjie Kemper said...

Just popping in to say WOWZA!!! This practically leapt off the thumbnails to pull me in. Gorgeous work.