Jul 19, 2012

Basket of Flowers

Hello Everyone

It is a cold foggy morning here in Auckland, not a day to be on the roads but a perfect day to be in the craft room, and this is where I intend to stay all day....perfect.



The Wild Rose Image is from the Joanna Sheen  collection with Personal Impressions wood stamp.

 My two Spellbinder circles are Kraft; the scalloped circle has been stamped and inked in frayed burlap and frost White.. and then smeared lightly over the top with squeezed lemonade distress inks. This is my background adding depth.






The ribbon has been haphazardly teased behind the lace, in a way to replicate a basket......stretch the imagination a little and I am sure you will see a correlative likeness! 
My Wild Rose image was stamped with Black versafine and clear embossed, then coloured up with copics. 
And of course I did my usual thing with my scissors and proceeded to de-construct and dissect the parts of the image; fussy cutting almost all of it.
Then oddly enough placing it all back together again; it was pure enjoyment.... How bizarre!

I cannot explain why I find this idiosyncrasy of mine so pleasurable.
My last task was to mount it on Penny Black mustard Card stock. It oozes Summertime.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for the visit.
Smiles:)
Sue




13 comments:

Lisa M said...

Onion, I applaud you! What glorious symbolism of the basket. The "teased" ribbon is sensational and I can't stop looking at the phenominal flowers. Absolutely perfect reconstruction of the original form, but the depth you've added by layering these is wonderful! Of course, I need to mention that your trademark stitching is spot on! This little orb of beauty is number 1!!!
I'm happy to see you got some play time for yourself in the craft room. :)
Hugs to you,
Quirks.
P.S. Care if I CASE this??? ;)

Barb said...

Wow! This has got to be one of my all time faves of yours, Sue! It is absolutely amazing! Fabulous depth, and I just LOVE the way your flowers turned out - so gorgeous! :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous love the overall effect and the flowers are fabulous. Caroline xxx

sue - bearhouse said...

Stunning cards, I love the whole design. The flowers are so beautiful

Sue

Dawn said...

Sue you never ceased to amaze me with your beautiful work. This really is full of wonderful goodness. Very impressive. I like your idea of de-constructing your flower.... I did exactly that this afternoon.... makes it such fun to work with stamps and make them even more interesting. Fabulous my friend.

Rosemary said...

hello, sue... what a glorious card you have created! the "teased" ribbon as you put it is the most wonderful touch and combined with the lace does create the look of a basket! lovely work, my friend!

Ira Huberts said...

What a romantic creation Sue, lovely flowers, great depth and that beautiful lace finishes it off wonderfully!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Mary J said...

Wow, wow, wow - so stunning Sue!

Meihsia Liu said...

Lovely, Sue. This is such a gorgeous card.... :)

penny4thoughts said...

Oh so beautiful, Sue! I have so much yellow and orange blooming in my garden right now that I love seeing it used everywhere. The lace and ribbon are so perfect for your composition - just love those softly teased swirls :-)

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG, OM. OM..love this sooo stunning roses......Lisa....Wowwww,,,,I am posting your elegant Harmony of Colours in my blog today,,,, ,yeah,,,,,,Thanks again Lisa.

scrap joanny said...

this is very cute card - so perfect for us challenge - thanks so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow--I totally love this card, Sue! Your ribbon behind the lace absolutely does give the illusion of a basket--you're ingenious!