Jun 9, 2012

Paint Resist...TH technique.

Hello ALL.

I had quite a busy week with picking my winner for the 'Shabby Chic' Challenge, setting another Challenge, making the next inspirational piece for this Challenge and now I have to choose a winner for my 'Embellished Frame' Challenge... Confused yet?
Don't worry I have it all under control, one thing I am really good at and that is organising.

Anyway to the matter at hand and that is this weeks Challenge at' Our Creative Corner. 'The Hostess this week is none other than the honourable and illustrious, Linda Coughlin-The Funkie Junkie, and the theme  is 
 'Show us your favourite Tim Holtz Technique'.

I know many worship the ground this man walks on, unfortunately I am not one of them!
oops.... I had better remove myself from this subject before I offend.

My inspirational piece for you to drool over and pass comment on then is a set of tags that I placed on a board- to inspire me when I am uninspired.


I used the paint resist technique, which is dabbing white acrylic  paint directly onto your chosen stamp, then stamp onto your CS.
When the paint is dry, apply chosen distress ink over the top in a circular motion.
I misted water over the top of the image and wiped off to reveal the White painted flourish.





No1 Tag
I now had a substrate to work on, so it was time to have some fun, I placed a crafty individuals stamped image in the heart on top first, then added the burlap, a trinket, button and flower (bottom left) it is hardly noticeable in this photo. 
The word Inspire was cut on the cricut and glued in place.











No2 Tag
You can just see the White paint resist on this Tag, I have embellished with a cuttlebug butterfly die-cut, a few cut-out flowers which I covered in some fine net, and lace, although you cannot see in the photo but I sprayed biscotti perfect pearls all over.
No3 Tag
This one is my favourite, I love this tulip from the ODBD.
It is a corner stamp but I only used the one Tuilp. The White paint resist technique is more noticeable here.
The fence die-cut has been embossed with distress powders to make it look old and weathered.
If you look closely you will see some doodling at the side. it is the squiggly bits in Black and White pen.


 Hop over to Our Creative Corner and join in the fun,  and if you want to see some more techniques click onto any of the Dt cards that are up for your inspiration.

Have a great weekend
Smiles:)
Sue 

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow all I can say is simply stunning,the detail,images,colours and designs,are all just incredible hugs Cherylxxxx

Caroline said...

WOW these are stunning the design and details are fabulous. Caroline xxx

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous get of tags, sue! i think if they were sitting anywhere near me they would inpsire me, as well!!

Barb said...

Wow! You really are a true artist, my friend! These are fabulous! My fave is the one with the butterfly - gorgeous colors! :)

Lisa M said...

I'll just pretend you never said that! ;) I know TH is not necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but for not being the biggest fan of his, you made a stellar inspirational project here. I lurve the 3 tags as one. That's a brilliant idea!
I'm out of town right now, but when I get home and have more time to admire this closer, I will do so.
It's beautiful Onion!
hugs,
Quirks

Ira Huberts said...

OMW Sue, you have created some very artistic tags here, love your backgrounds, they're looking superb! They are grungy enough but with the right spring feel to them! Fabulous pieces! Ira x

Rita said...

Oh Wow Sue, I must give this a try, it ounds like fun as well. Thank-you so much for sharing. Enjoy your week-end. Hugs Rita xxx

Anita Houston said...

Absolutely stunning Sue!!! You've rocked this technique! I love all the added images...fantastic coloration and embellies too!!!

Greta said...

Wow--I could pick this out as your project from miles away! So many details & colors--I love the middle one, but probably because of the pink. The tulip is amazing--need to ink my stamp, still. You should never lack for inspiration with these tags to look at.

Dawn said...

wonderful tags Sue... and I'll forgive you for not been TH's greatest fan.... You have improved on his technique perfectly. Love your much nicer (read that as less grungy) way of using the technique. Love the middle one best... pink and butterflies together ~ incredible. Hope you enjoyed the trip to Taupo and Group yesterday.

Mary J said...

Thx for your encouragement on my mixed media card, Sue! High praise from someone who is the queen of it and this card is one of the best examples of it - gorgeous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just the yummiest, Sue. Super shabby details all around. You did a fabulous job with that paint resist technique. I CANNOT get that to work and have vowed never to try it again. But I feel myself weakening every time I see someone use it successfully. I put the paint on my stamp, stamp it and dry it and then there is never enough paint on my paper to resist the ink. I just cannot get enough paint transferred from the stamp to the paper. I've tried multiple bottles of acrylic paint, thinking that one was bad, but it just never works for me.

On a side note, I used to feel the same way you do about TH, but the more I use his products and watch his videos, the more respect I have for him. And truly Creative Chemistry won me over fully. I used to think I could substitute other products for Ranger products but when I really started using the same products TH uses, I finally realized that all the hoopla was about - LOL. Just sayin' :)

Super job on the challenge theme, Sue. I always enjoy looking at your art!

Hugs,
Linda

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my Sue, you have the funniest way sometimes of expressing yourself, but your inspiration is truly outstanding. Each tag is a wonderful piece of art and I would love to have these pinned in my room too to inspire me when Mr Mojo goes walkabouts.
hugs {brenda} xox

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow...Sue, these tags are just amazing. There are so many beautiful details. I also love the beautiful color scheme. Gorgeous!!!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwwwww Lisa , love the vintage stule and the amazing butterfly