Jun 12, 2012

A Little Robin

Hello All
Hope you are having a great start to the week. I want to post up my little card I have made for the Frilly and Funky Challenge with the theme 'Kraft and Twine.' 

Obviously I am on the frilly side of the challenge, there is not much funkiness in me I am afraid, I have been endeavouring to participate each fortnight, but to date I have only managed one other entry, I was determined to enter this one though.
 
I bought this little bird image made by 'all night media' at stamp camp a few weeks ago, she is rather delightful, I have called the bird a she as I am so totally feministic but only to the point of thinking we females are worth our weight in gold in all aspects of society, I am not a radical in any form, in fact I love being at home and doing all the so called woman things that men so often purport is 'women's work'. But I also like to be respected for all my views on life in general, and I will be the first to concede that I have opinions!
You all probably didn't really want to hear all this about me, but there you have it and I don't think I will be deleting the paragraph....ha






The Bg is coloured up with liquid dye inks, then embossed with a sissix texture fade purchased from the Funkie Junkie zibbet shop   the trim at the bottom of the card is rosette ribbon.

The tag has been run through a paper crimper as have the leaves to create texture, I added the music strip  with the ric rac to give some semblance of movement.

 












I placed this onto Kraft, and finished off with a twine bow.
It has dimension, texture and tactility, all the attributes I love on a card.

I hope you like it as well, because I really enjoyed putting this one together. 
Remember if you want to see the card close-up, just click on it.


Smiles:) 
Sue

20 comments:

Barb said...

Such a sweet card, Sue - love that little bird and the added ric rac and music! So pretty! :)

Caroline said...

Hello Sue gorgeous card love the little bird and the colours and design of your card is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Ira Huberts said...

Such a pretty bird card this is Sue, love your tender bird and fab embellishments. So lovely! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

A very pretty card Sue. So much texture and colour. The little bird is certainly adorable.

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous Sue, just love the textures and soft colours.
Hope you are having a good week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lisa M said...

To me your card resembles a perfectly feng shui composition. Besides being tactile and dimensional, it really compliments and supports itself in all the elements. The rick rack pulls out the crimping on the tag, the musical addition completes the background stamping, the placement of the leaves definitely shows movement and lends to the nature feel of your card which is supported by the roses. The dots with different colors just give a beautiful spring atmosphere to the card. I think it's perfectly thought out and so peaceful. Makes me want to sit outside and drink coffee and listen to nature.:) Glad you made the challenge in time!
hugs to you Onion,
Q

walchowDesign said...

Special sweet card! Love the different colours on the panel and the different textures.

Joan said...

Sue, I think your card is so beautiful, gorgeous colours and so much texture and yes, the little bird is so pretty it has to be a "she"

Joan

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, this is super cute...luv the sweet bird...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Rosemary said...

so lovely and full of detail, sue.. a fine example of what you do best!

Greta said...

Yes, I do like this card, my friend! Wonderful colors & that little bird is so sweet. The roses at the bottom & using the crimper--love it!

Cheryl said...

oh gosh this is gorgeous Hun,the detail is just brilliant and just love that image hugs Cherylxxxxx

penny4thoughts said...

Love all that texture! Terrific card, Sue :-)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

LOVE the background on this card, Sue. Great work with that texture fade and such beautiful coloring work too! It's so cool the way you have three different colors. Your birdie is darling and very feminine looking. Super job putting the leaves through the crimper - wish I would remember to use mine more often because I really like the effect. So happy you found the time to join in our challenge at Frilly and Funkie this past fortnight. Hope you can play again in our newest challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

Evelyn S. said...

I guess you can tell that I've not been paying attention to my crafting community for awhile! Photography has been at the forefront, but generally, I just haven't been doing much of anything creative. I get the Frilly and Funkie blog updates, and I ordered some items from Funkie Junkie! Lovely interpretation of the kraft and twine challenge, Sue. It's a darling image.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Sooo, cutelittle bird......and love each detail here.

lainey said...

this is lovely Sue, beautiful colour choice. lainey x

Mary J said...

Oh, I love this Sue! The inky edges, the image, flowers - everything is gorgeous together!

Anita Houston said...

I am so oohing and ahing over this piece of gorgeous paper craft!!!! Wow...the background is amazing with all the color and texture, and your precious birdy is perfectly colored! Love you embellishment, tons of yummy texture there! This is my new favorite of yours! And....thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funky!!!

Lisa M said...

Congrats on the win with this beauty!! :)