May 22, 2012

A Magic Set of little girls.

Hello my Friends

Last week I made 4 little cards from the Nicecrane Collage Sheet  named 'Little Magic Girls'.

I have a little bit of Magic in my life; Precious (grand-daughter) Scarlett, who informs me that she is now 'half of three' in age!!!!
She has been a little poorly with Chicken Pox and I thought I would cheer her up by making her these gorgeous cards to give to her friends for their birthdays.


I made 4 scalloped cards on my cricut.

 I die-cut 2 'blossom' shapes from Spell-Binders;
One using painted card stock and the other for the images.
The Bg Patterned Paper is Prima; 'meadow lark collection.' 





Now sit back and scroll down and enjoy the close-ups.


My butterflys are from the Martha Stewart border punch, painted up and Kindy glitz applied, all little girls like a bit of glitter, and Precious is no exception.

I used Parchment and fussy-cut the wings,  and popped them up for some dimension, it creates movement that will be totally lost on this age group, but I had to do it to satisfy my own artistic expression.









This looks sickly Green  but it is actually Yellow!
And horror of horrors I have just noticed the writing is upside down!
Oh well.....























 You can find the Collage sheets and many more here.

Thank you for your visit, I really enjoy your feed back.
Smiles:)
Sue

12 comments:

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeus Sue,,,,love each detials on these stunning scalloped cards.....and I really love these butterflies,,,,OMG,,,what a great idea to place these 3D wings,,,,,LOVE THEMMMMM........horraaayyy for Sue...

Rosemary said...

oh sue... these are just the absolutely sweetest little cards!! and so very perfect for your sweet little scarlett! i hope that she gets over the chicken pox quickly!! smiles & hugs!

Barb said...

Oh, these are the cutest images EVER! Just love the way you've added them to the pretty paper and colored them so beautifully! Just perfect, Sue! I hope Scarlett feels better soon! Hugs to you! :)

Penny Duncan said...

OMG....these are SO adorable!!! What a very cute set these make!!!!!

Greta said...

Wow--wish I was "1/2 of 3" so one of these could be for me! Such sweet little girl cards--love the colors & the wings & the bows--everything! I can tell you enjoyed creating these, Sue! Hope Precious is feeling chipper very soon.

Mary J said...

They are all so uber sweet Sue!!

walchowDesign said...

Such a sweet set of cards, Sue! Scarlet is so lucky to have you as a granny!

Dawn said...

what an adorable set of cards Sue. You have added your own touch to these beautiful collage images. Hope little Scarlet has gotten over the chickenpox.

Lisa M said...

Must resist urge...must...getting stronger...can't fight it......WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!! ;)

And by this I do mean something created so wonderfully. I can't believe I missed the 3D wings when I saw these before. So glad you gave the close-ups...me likey!

Also relieved to know that I'm not the only one who puts paper on upside down. (snicker)
Reminds me of the time that I made an entire king size tie blanket and THEN realized the image and lettering was wrong side out and backwards...GAK! That would have been one of the times that a few choice phrases were heard around the world. ;)

Super work here O and I do hope your little granddaughter is feeling a wee bit better.
Q

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue,

These cards are gorgeous--love all the detail that you put into these work of arts. I hope that your granddaughter is feeling better. Hugs to you.

Evelyn S. said...

They are truly precious little cards, Sue! Each one has a darling individuality, and I know little girls are going to love them.

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... what a fabulous array of sweet card Sue ... these images are adorable and I loove what you did with their wings!!!

Thank you too for my beautiful birthday card - it is so lovely! It also gave me the inspiration that I needed ... *wink*....
Thank you!