Apr 16, 2012

Spring Tulips

Hello Everyone

Sigh.......the weekend is over, but it does mean I have more time to myself and I can spend some time creating. 
Today I want to participate in 'Our Daily Bread Design Challenge'-S-P-R-I-N-G. 
It has been awhile since I have joined in, only because I do not have many ODBD stamps.
The Challenge -Use at least three letters from the word Spring for your embellishment/materials. The prize, $15 gift certificate.

I chose: S-stitching, P-pearls, I-ink 
 'Tulip Corner'  Stamp.

Where is the corner????? You may well ask, as is my want I dichotomised it!  This may horrify some of you, but what I am showing, is how versatile this stamp can be with a little imagination; which I have oodles of by the way, a resource that my Rob(dearest one that he is) says is the only time I am quiet (not talking) it  appears that it has a positive effect on my verbal diarrhoea!
Who thought starting a Blog would be actually good for you! Ha Ha
He has a wonderful sense of humour.

The Bg is from the 'Fairy belle' collection, 6x6 pad by Prima.
I have fussy cut a few petals and a leaf and popped them up for dimension.
Coloured up in  the only Red copic I have (R27).
The leaves in two Greens (YG03 YG61).


Fussy cut the butterflies from the paper, and added a few pearls.

The stitching is by hand using 100% cotton crochet thread.
For the trim -  some lace and the borders were cut on the cricut.

And I finished off the inside with a head of the Tulip.

I am also entering : Chocolate, coffee & Cards.
Sponsors are

Start of a new week, hope it is a good one for you all.
Smiles:)
Sue.






16 comments:

Rosemary said...

EEEKKK!!!!! I LOVE THIS, SUE!! (can you tell i'm excited??) i love how you used the tulip corner stamp!! absolutely brilliant idea! i'm soo glad you are playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!!

Barb said...

WOW!! I love the way you used this stamp, Sue! So creative, so clever and oh, sooo beautiful!! Your coloring is amazing!

Sandy said...

Beautiful - absolutely beautiful!!!
sandy

Mary J said...

That is gorgeous Sue, such a great way to use that stamp! Fab insides too!

Hope life is treating you well honey!

Dawn said...

I can't believe you only used one marker Sue. It looks stunning. Love the BG paper, the trims and lace. All so beautifully put together. So clever to use only part of the stamp like that.

Lisa M said...

I'm with Dawn, I can't believe that is only ONE red marker...the depth and shading look amazing. That is a skill all in itself to draw so much texture from just one color....nicely done! :)
Onion, your card sings of Spring and the corner stamp, not in the corner, shows great versatility and resourcefulness. Your shabby chic free spirit and 'oodles o' creativity' comes shining through on this beauty too!
I feel the need to quote a passage from a great literary work by Robert Southey. "This is juuuussst right!" said Goldilocks.
Q

Brenda Brown said...

Your combination of well chosen paper and borders with the additional stitching and that fabulous stamp have made this one stunning creation Sue. Such shabby elegance and clever composition. Love it.
Have a great week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Susan!! I just love what you did with the tulips, the cut out butterflies, and the background you created! Very creative! Perfect take on the Shining the Light S-P-R-I-N-G word challenge at ODBD. Thanks for joining us this week!
blessings,
Chris

Greta said...

My jaw just hit the floor! A totally wonderful card, Sue! So creative how you used the tulip corner. Love the scallops, lace, pearls--everything is beautiful!
I love your idea that the woven ribbon background would be good for a baby card--thanks!

walchowDesign said...

Love how you re-arrange the flower - that's so creative. The red pops on the pale bg with all the lace and stitches!

Evelyn S. said...

This is fabulous, Sue! I love how inventive you have been with that stamp! (Hopefully I can catch up with you after our 10-day trip to New York and the other side of Oregon!)

june macfarlane said...

Thats superb !! what a beautiful stamped card, so elegant and romantic
hugs June x

Leanne ... said...

Congrads...Sue your card was beautiful for the ODBDC.
Blessings...from Leanne

MarcyK924 said...

No one does 3D like you do, Sue! This is another one of your fabulous florals that are SO unique!

Kathy said...

Congratulations on winning the challenge at ODBD!!! Beautiful and very creative idea using the stamp!!! Blessings! Kathy

Girl Scientist said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards!