Apr 9, 2012

A little corker!


Hello Everyone
The 3yr old Tornado (Precious)  has just left....... and Rob has popped into the Office for a few hours so that gives me some valuable moments to myself to post up my mini Tag that I have made for the  Frilly and Funky Challenge- "I'll Take Your Word For It!"
If you have not found your way to this new Challenge Blog, (it is a little different) take a few minutes and pop over ..... I am enjoying the Vintage and Frilly aspects that is required to participate.

I really enjoy making Tags, and my usual standard is to place as much embellishment as the card/tag can entertain, always keeping in mind the form and composition of the piece.
This time however, I have curtailed this urge, as I had the constant thought while creating that the sentiment had to be pole-star. 
So what I finished up with is the most elemental of all colour combinations; those that are ever present in Nature.

The Challenge----" let your sentiment take centre stage and be the focal point of your project".


The base CS is Kraft, I added the cotton Lace for the frilly requirement, and the lacy circle die-cut is  cut from cork; it adds a wonderful texture.
I printed out the words and used distress inks to make it a focal point.


The Butterfly embellishment was included for some interest and it is just enough I think. 
(thanks Rosie ).



Thank you so much for visiting.
Smiles:)

17 comments:

baileyrosy said...

Hi there, this is one fabulous tag !! You are such a talented crafty and always come up with something so different. Your choice of colours and materials makes this such a joy, I love it.

BTW you have me on your sidebar but I have now moved to WordPress so this blog no longer exists. Just thought I would let you know.

Marie

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sue, this is so totally wonderful and spot-on for the 'Word' challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Loving that die cut cork, one very cool surface to work with! And the way you created the white ring around the sentiment adds so much without being over-embellished. Beautiful colors and stitching and that butterfly is gorgeous!

So happy to have you joining in the fun with us again this week at Frilly and Funkie. I SO appreciate your support of the new challenge.

Hugs,
Linda

Brenda Brown said...

Woo hoo Sue, this is a spectacular piece. Love the 'frilliness' of this one.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lisa M said...

Awwww, perfect!!! you nailed this challenge, Onion. The sentiment most certainly takes center stage and yet it is accompanied by outstanding supportive roles. That cardboard and cork and ribbon and butterfly are just icing on the cake!
I love your masterpieces, each and every one of them.
hugs to you,
Lisa xx

As much as I love the hubby being home, I am having stamping withdrawls!!! Soon enough I'll be able to play in challenges, but until then, I'm loving seeing what you do with them. :)

Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it, Sue! One of my all-time favorite sentiments. The cork is such an unusual base and gives great contrast to the distress inks. Love your b'fly, too. So glad to see you at Frilly & Funkie!

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, sweet tag..hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous,the detail is just amazing along with the sentiment,and that beautiful butterfly hugs Cherylxxxx

Rosemary said...

your tag is beautiful, sue! what a brilliant idea to use cork! i think i must get some now... thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Pam said...

Hi Sue. Lovely to see you this morning. I loved looking through all your lovely work in the 'flesh.' You get to see more details! Thanks so much for helping me set up my blog.... have a look at pammiespages.blogspot..... I've got a few samples up there. Nothing too grand at this stage but am working on it. Take care and hugs to you Pam x

Anita Houston said...

Oh Sue...this is grand!!! That thick stitching is a wow...I know that must be by hand! The sentiment is one of my favorites and that butterfly is gorgeous! This is exceptionally detailed and so perfectly done...wow! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie again!

anna christensen crafts said...

Sue, I think your tag is absolutely exquisite. I love your colour scheme, the sentiment is wonderful and the use of a cork frame is innovative and very cool! xx

Dawn said...

Sue ~ what can I say that hasn't already been said. this is stunning and I am so pleased to see you at your Shabby Chic best. Just beautiful. Hope you had a great time over Easter with the family. cheers Dawn

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful frilly tag and love how you put the sentiment as the centrepiece and yet still able to create all the details around it!

Greta said...

Wow--a tag that is truly a work of art! Perfect composition, Sue & I love how you did the pearls & the stitching & the butterfly & the colors--wonderful result!

lainey said...

beautiful butterfly and great verse!! lainey x

Sue C said...

Fabulous tag Sue, love the sentiment and the butterfly is gorgeous ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue, this tag is gorgeous--love it. Love the sentiment and the butterful is the perfect embellishment. Thanks for your sweet comment that you left on my blog. Hugs to you.