Apr 30, 2012

Kraft and not much else!

Good Morning World!

And it is a great day to be alive, I am so thankful I woke up this morning, if I hadn't you would not be having the pleasure of viewing my card and reading my post....
I have many bloggy friends, and  Rosie, (Hey There.... rosie girl!)   her genre is CAS which as you know is sooooo not me, posted up a  Kraft card on Saturday for  ODBD and it just so happened that I had a Kraft card sitting on my desk ready to embellish,  a little freaky when we are oceans away from one another that we happened to be on the same wavelength.

She loves her Kraft CS, which I never use as I am not a Brown girl, (metaphorically speaking) but as I so often belabour I am open minded to everything.
My first foray into this product was a requirement through my Dt position at OCC, I swallowed hard that day, but I made the card, not one of my better ones I will hasten to say.

I thought a change was needed to blow away the cobwebs that were beginning to form  from who knows what and make a card from Kraft and not much else!  I wanted to convince myself that I can work with this product and create something that is pleasing to the eye and if I am lucky pick up a WOW in the process.... I am not sure about the latter, but it is pleasantly attractive.
I am blathering a bit this morning I apologise........
There are two special Challenges this week I want to enter:

 Penny Black Saturday Challenge....Week199--May Day! Spring themed cards! 
sponsors- Fantastic Ribbon


 

My sentiment is from the PB transparency set 'Gratitude'  which has been stamped in Hero Hues Cerulean Chalk Ink.
My butterfly from the same set, has been white embossed on painted paper.

and Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge  No Designer Paper. the prize a $15 gift certificate. 


My die-cuts are ODBD fancy labels with the matching SB labels 17. Inked up in 'frayed burlap' distress ink, then 'colourbox' white ink stamped over the top.I inked up the brocade embossing folder in frayed burlap before running it through the machine.And lastly the fanciful  flourish by 'cheery lynn designs'. 

 

And that's me, the weekend is over sadly, but we can look forward to playing again this week which will be the beginning  of MAY! Does anyone feel like me that this Year is passing by extremely quickly.

Smiles:)
Sue

13 comments:

Rosemary said...

i love what you did with your kraft card, sue!! it is just lovely with the sentiment framed by the pretty flourishes and the little butterfly! i think you need to use kraft more often! smiles!!

Lisa M said...

Well....WOW. I'm looking and I don't see it, the stitching....it's missing. Not that my kudos amount to a hill o' beans, but can I just say that I really, really admire the style of this Kraft CAS(ish)card.
The entire presentation is so new and diffrent for your style and I have to admit, extremely pleasing. You have certainly taken a hurdle for yourself and run the marathon.
I do believe your nickname is perfect. :) So many many layers.
Happy Monday to you.
Q

Evelyn S. said...

This is definitely a WOW card, Sue! Your choice of complementary colors for the kraft ....delicious!

Greta said...

You're not a kidding the year is going fast! Well, my friend, I think you need to use kraft more often! I'm in love with this card! Perfectly balanced with just the right color--truly eye candy for me!

Mary J said...

So beautiful Sue! The flourish is perfectly placed!

Dawn said...

I certainly think it's a WOW card Sue. The use of the ink with the embossing folder is an ingenious way to of using the kraft card. Also the use of the white with the frayed burlap ink also looks very pretty. The flourish finishes the card beautifully. I recently got that die too. It really is great. So overall ~ a 10 out of 10 for your Kraft card!

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed and put together Sue. I can't believe you have cobwebs when you produce such amazing cards as this, you always combine amazing colour, texture and embellishments and compose such visually interesting designs.
Have a good week.
hugs {brenda} xox

kath said...

HI Sue...your card is stunning..thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Another gorgeous creation Sue!! I love your design, colors and all the embossing. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Michelle said...

What a "chic" card Sue and the colours go so well together.

Thankyou for your very kind comments on the Mishelflo Monthly Challenge Blog:)
michelle x

Cheryl said...

oh wow This is simply stunning,the detail,is amazing,such beauty,in this card,with the design,just gorgeous,work just wanted to say bless you for the lovely kind words,you said on Michelle s,blog about our new challenge starting,that was so kind of you take care love hugs Cheryl xxxxx

walchowDesign said...

You've converted a brown card into something elegant, Sue! It's beautifully designed and love the long trail of flourish!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi sue, Wow!! your card is gorgeous--I love what you did with the kraft paper.