Apr 28, 2012

A card for Mum.

Hello Everyone.

It is a great week as my favourite stamping shop 'Stamp'n Create' re-opened it's doors this week after a Month of re-locating to new premises, it was great to catch up with my stamping friends again, I had missed them. 



I have not made a Mothers Day card for years, as I do not have one, but Precious does, so I asked her if she liked it and her reply
"oooh it is bootiful Nana" 
 (she has a kiwi accent).
After explaining that it was not the right day; it took awhile, at 3 1/2,  time has no temporal meaning to her.
She won't forget though and next time I see her she will ask me for it.

 


This card is for a young Mother, as opposed to an aged one!!!
The flower is made up of a bit of corrugated cardboard, an inked dried baby wipe and water colour paper, embellished with a flourish, leaf, pearls and a Tag.
 








For a change I made a scalloped circle card. 
Then die-cut two more circles in Pp and popped them up for dimension, the pink ribbons are placed underneath these circles.

My Bg water-colours and a Daisy stamped over the top.
The Flags are White embossed  and held with ribbon bows, I used a brad to hold the Flower.



Once again I hope you will join us in this Challenge, take a look at my Teamies for more inspiration. HERE

 

 Have a great weekend and thank-you for your lovely comments that you leave me I am delighted to read them all.
Smiles:)
Sue


12 comments:

Dawn said...

this is very pretty Sue. I haven't had a chance to visit Stamp'n'create yet. Hope the move went well for Judi and the crew. Hope to see you at the next Stamp Day... I presume they are still going ahead.

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous hun,just love the colours on this and your detail is just brilliant,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Mary J said...

Just gorgeous Sue! I love the soft muted colours and of course your usual perfect embellishing!

Barb said...

Love all the details, Sue! And these pretty, soft colors are wonderful! :)

Brenda Brown said...

Such a pretty card Sue, the colours are gorgeous and the little banner is so sweet.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lisa M said...

Ohhhhh Nana Onion.....this IS bootiful!! Precious nailed that on the nose. :)
I got the biggest smile when I saw a circle scalloped card and I was semi-patiently waiting for the 'hidden/new/secret' item you like to throw in your creations. Dried baby wipes????? OMG...that's flippin' brilliant. Makes sense, they hold colors so well when I use them to clean my fingers, why not toss them ever so spectacularly onto a card!

A superb Mother's Day card for a young mom of whom I know you are so very proud of. :)

Hugs to you my friend,
Quirks

Greta said...

Oh I love this creation, Sue! Beautifully designed--perfect elements--this young mom will be blessed to get it. How fun to have a 3 yr old tell you it's bootiful! She must be taking after her Nana!

Rosemary said...

oh sue... your card is just gorgeous!! every single detail is just perfect. as your little precious said... "it is bootiful!"

Anne Marie Hile said...

Sue, I don't know how you always seem to create the most gorgeous projects! I love your details and this soft color combo is truly lovely. I just noticed the quote on your blog header and it couldn't have been more perfect after the week I have had. Thanks for inspiring me in more ways then one this week, my friend! Big hugs! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Sue, I don't know how you always seem to create the most gorgeous projects! I love your details and this soft color combo is truly lovely. I just noticed the quote on your blog header and it couldn't have been more perfect after the week I have had. Thanks for inspiring me in more ways then one this week, my friend! Big hugs! :)

Lisa said...

Can't stop staring at his one, Sue! Too gorgeous! You always leave us with many layers of beauty and bits of goodness here and there. And the dried baby wipe flower?! Awesome!

Wendy J. said...

Sue this is a beautiful yet fun card and i love the colors and textures you've used as well as the card shape. Just lovely!