Mar 31, 2012

Glorious, Gorgeous Refreshing Green.

Hello again everyone.

              "How Green is Your Spring"  
Show us Spring in its full splendour, using GREEN as your main colour!
Green is abundant in Nature, it represents growth and renewal,  and because of all this green in nature the colour is reminiscent of Spring.
The palette is often cool and clean especially when combined with White, for example Mint Green, but it can also generate a warmth as in Yellow/Greens
So with all this information and the inspirational montage, I urge you to dig out your Emerald, fir, forest, jade, lime, mint, moss, olive, pine, sage, sap, sea green, spring green, and viridian, and start creating.
I love working with Green, the Palette is restful, calming and cheerful, if you are feeling irksome after an intractable day, surround yourself in Green and you will find your melancholy mood dissipate into nothingness, and you will transcend into tranquillity and calmness. I am not talking cods-wallop here, it is all true.

To encourage you even further, I hope to inspire you with MY interpretation:

The flower is Penny Black from the 'to You' T-set.
White embossed and coloured in distress stains.







My Bg  is a montage of various stamps in distress stains.

The flowers are attached to the edge of the punched out circle , and the sentiment is on the inside, not attached to the front of card.











Inside of the card.




                   





Smiles:)
Sue

17 comments:

Mary J said...

So beautiful Sue! Those flowers are just stunning!

Elaine said...

Sue this is stunning work what a fantastic card I love this Hugs Elaine

Brenda Brown said...

A magnificent interpretation Sue, lovely colours, great background and techniques.
Have a fabulous weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sarina said...

O love green, it's my favourite colour.
Have a nice weekend,

Sarina

Lisa said...

Hi Sue, I just love the mound of dimension created with the flowers! And a very cool bg with the stains as well- awesome!

Barb said...

I love all the green Sue - and adding the pink, turns it into my favorite, all time, color combo! So beautiful!! :)

Evelyn S. said...

This is truly a happy card, Sue! Love all the texture and special details ...and that green and pink.

Anita Houston said...

I love watching hummingbirds, and I think this is a first for me to see on a stamp. Your background is gorgeous, and I love how you pulled the focal point flower into the background as well. Amazing color and combination of them! This tag is eye candy! Beautiful job!

MarcyK924 said...

Sue - this card is BRILLIANT! Hummingbirds are one of my favorite birds and that flower is spectacular! I agree with Anita - this is eye candy for sure! Hugs, Marcy

Greta said...

Wow--your narrative inspired me & your card is absolutely stunning, Sue! Lucky, lucky whoever receives this beauty! I want you to know that I nominated you for a Liebster award. You can find the details in this post http://ggnursecreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/saturday-surprises.html It is only given to those of us with less than 200 followers. You were an easy choice for me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs, Greta

Rosemary said...

gorgeous spring card, sue! i love how you brought in the bright pops of color with the flowers and ribbon! hugs!!

Cheryl said...

oh Sue this is one,beautiful card just love that flower and the colours are so soft and delicate love it hugs Cherylxx

Lisa M said...

One of my favorite vintage filming techniques is stop motion animation and I swear this card is a Spring tribute to that style. It's like you've captured the season in slow motion with the placement, the suspension of the flower and bird, the colors...it's just beautiful! Your bg is superb with the compilation of distressed stamps. The bold pop of colors is just icing on the cake. I wish I could just say, "ACTION!" and see this little scene take motion. Wonderfully done, Onion!
hugs,
Quirks

Sharon said...

Sue, I just love all the detail! and the green and pink pair up nicely! a simply beautiful card!
have a great week!

(the hyperlink that you have with this card, actually took me to last weeks card. Double check your link - I don't want anyone to miss this fabulously beautiful card.)

Tui Nathan said...

This is oh so beautiful Sue ... I love your creativity here, the background stamping, the cutout flower, the stitching ... all the elements for a beautiful creation!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Sue...what can I say but WOW! I love how you added the pop of pink from the inspiration photo. I wanted to do that, too but knew that once I got going the pink wpuld take over and the green would be the "accent". Haha! You, however, pulled it off perfectly. So much gorgeous detail, especially those pretty pearls and the stitching. Absolutely fantastic! Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Big hugs! :)

Kristin said...

What a beautiful card! I love the touch of pink you added to it and the hummingbird is gorgeous! Have a great weekend!