Feb 4, 2012

Today is the Day........

Hello Everyone.
Yes the day has arrived for my first DT card for Our Creative Corner .
I  had a few hiccups getting started only because my blog has a Gremlin that I need to sort out, my edit pencil is absent without leave, and although I have a reasonable comprehension of this little box, it frustrates me that it suffers from anti-social behaviour at such a critical time in my life!!!!!!!!

 Anyway enough of my problems.
This week Sharon is hosting and her theme is "Love is in the Air" a Valentines Card.
Recipe: 
 Kraft, Pink and Grey, add some sparkle and don't forget the Valentine Heart.
Why have I highlighted the word G-r-e-y?
Because I know it as the correct spelling, but when I kept seeing it spelt G-r-a-y it had me  flummoxed, initially I just thought it a mistake. So I Googled it!!!!!!!!!!!!
G-r-a-y is a color.
G-r-e-y is a colour 
Both derivations are acceptable, so as there is a choice I will continue with G-r-e-y as I am British!  So no-one least of all me is confused any more.

This is my card:


A Kraft card, the Bg is BazzillBasics 'Love Birds'.
The frame was cut on the Cricut using the 'Fancy Frames' Cartridge, and I inked it up with distress inks.













Here is a close-up.
Are they not the cutest little birdies you have seen today????????



I fussy cut these two cuties and applied glossy accents, then popped them up on corrugated CS. The Zig-Zag stitching was sewn by machine.
My sentiment is from Christina Re clear set, I applied Glossy Accents on this as well.
Bling  made into a flourish for sparkle.

Are you inspired??? 
 If you are please join us in this weeks Challenge, we would love to see your interpretations.
If I haven't got you licking your chops, then all you have to do is pop over to OCC  and view the other inspirational pieces our DT's have made for your perusal, I am sure there will be one there that will meet your needs and send you into the twilight zone!!!!!!!!!!

Your support is wonderful, thanks so much.
Smiles:)

18 comments:

Mary J said...

Gorgeous Sue! Wow, that matting is beautiful and love your flourish to frame them!

May said...

STUNNING!!!your creations are beautiful,gosh how I have never found your blog before got the link from Linda'a site funky junkie, have joined as a follower so as not to miss your wonderful blog in the future, Hugs May x x x

Rosemary said...

oh goodness sue... this is just gorgeous!! love that beautiful frame, the sweet little birdies and all the perfect "sue" details on the card!! (sorry that blogger has been giving you fits!)

Sharon said...

Sue, those are the cutest little birdies I've seen! and adding the glossy accent to them really makes them pop!
Great card. have a great weekend, too!

Lisa M said...

How odd that you say that about blogger. Seems to be a common problem lately with the pencil. Did it just come back or did you have to send them a message? Just checking because odds are it will happen to others too.
As for the gray/grey...I too am perplexed with that word and it's correct usage in a sentence. I'm glad you clarified this for me.
As for your DT card it's simply fun and whimsical and free and beautiful. I really love the flow you've created. Those gems are FANTASTIC! I hope to be joining the challenge this week, time permitting.

Hugs to you, Onion.
Q

MarcyK924 said...

Blogger makes me go ARGHHHHH!!!!! I feel your pain, Sue. My followers seem to be fickle.

Anyway, congrats on your first post! I ADORE your card! Those birds are so sweet! I love how you used GREY!!! Thanks for the clarification! Hugs, Marcy

Evelyn S. said...

It is great to see a card with gray/grey for Valentine's Day! You've added wonderful details in the frame...and those precious birds, Sue!

Marie said...

Congrat on your first DT posting. Your card is lovely. The birds on the corrugated paper are beautiful. Love the rhinestone flourish.

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Sue, your card is fabulous!!! I love your sewing and the birdies are so cute!!! ^_^

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous debut card Sue ... I love all your detailing from that gorgeous die cut frame, to the rhinestone flourish and the adorable wee birds on that crimped background .... superb in every way!
Welcome to the team, glad to have you aboard!
PS: Thanks for the clarification of the GREY ... I have always spelt the colour with an "e", and the "a" for names ... there you go!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sweet or should I say tweet card with sensational detailing. Yes, those birdies are the cutest thing I've seen all week, actually. You did a super job pulling all the challenge deets together. Love that frame and the corrugated paper too. Awesome debut card - so happy to have you aboard!

Hugs,
Linda

ScarboroFair said...

fabulous Sue. Very impressive. What a start to your design team work. Just adore it. Some much detail and the little birds are super cute. Haven't been on blogger for a couple of days, but hope it is now behaving. I seem to lose the old posts on the front page regularly.
Can't wait to see more of your beautiful cards showcased like this. Are you going to group this weekend? If so, can you bring this one for us to see!

Anita Houston said...

Look at all thus gorgeous bling! I love the lace and your stitching!!! All you stitchers make me jealous. I just use my machine to collect dust mostly. You have inspired me to blow the dust off.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh how precious, Sue!!! And I'm SO excited for you that you are a member of their DT!!! Woo hoo!!! I am having a link-up party tomorrow and you're welcome to link it up if you want!!!
XO
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sue,
Oh WOW, thank you so much for linking up! I know people will love ALLLL your creations--You're so super-talented, my friend. xo Cindy

walchowDesign said...

Gosh! Your words really tickled me, Sue! It's not an easy colour combo to create a valentine card but you hit it! The two birds are so madly in love and I love how you put the swirl embellishments.

Your Craft Book said...

Wonderful card and I love the cut frame distressed with the inks, thanks for sharing, Maureen.

Vicki B. said...

So adorable Sue!!! A wonderful card for your debut, looking forward to working along side you on the OCC!!