Jan 25, 2012

The White Palette.

Hello Everyone.
 To the human eye, White is a brilliant colour.
It imparts purity and simplicity, pure White is the symbol of absolute minimalism or a clean slate against which all other colours may contrast, it is not a friendly colour on its own and can be viewed as cold,  so the design of a White card is very important to avoid the severity it can imbue, you do this by adding soft elements and texture and thereby giving the card a quintessential classic feel. 
I hope I have succeeded!!!!!!!

I have been wanting to make a White on White card for a long time, so when the 
Southern Girls Challenge came out this week with this theme I was thrilled.

Challenge #36 - White on White! 

Sponsors:

 

 

 

I cut the Trellis Bg and the Frame on my Cricut.


I embossed said Frame with White Diamond EP then added the White Pearls.  
To create the 3d effect I placed foam dots to attach to the Bg


My intention was to continue with my shabby chic genre, but it was never going to happen with this design.
Embossing the image softens up the whole card, don't you think?




My image is made with the Technique of Paper casting using the Hero Arts Stamp 'Sweet Daffodils' and White Kleenex Tissues.
 
 Smiles:)



And the inside.


























We are having delightful weather at last!

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Fabulous card. The daffodils made a great casting and go so well with the background and that amazing frame.

Lisa M said...

Sue,
You certainly didn't disappoint with this card. I immediately researched the technique and I'm glad to see that kleenex works just as well as tissue paper.
This is a very elegant sympathy card.

Rosemary said...

thud!!! picking my jaw up off the floor!! what an gorgeous, gorgeous card, sue!!! LOVE IT!!!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sue,
Gorgeous, gorgeous card--you did a very beautiful job. Love the frame.

punknscrap said...

Fantastic card Susan, love the embossing. You have done a fabulous job with our white on white challenge, thanks for playing along at SGC!

Evelyn S. said...

Oh, it's a beautiful card, Sue! I love white-on-white, anyway...and when it's die cut and embossed, well it's fabulous. (Is that the Cricut frame cartridge again???)

Lisa said...

White on white with all that texture is fabulous! Love your new blog photo too :)

Jacqueline said...

This is very... uhum... quintessentic... Seriously, this is such a clever, unique piece of card-making!!

Mary J said...

I am lovin' the new profile photo Sue - fab colour on you!!

What a gorgeous card, looks like you're already a pro at WOW!!

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Beautiful job on your scrumptiously embossed card!

Glad that you joined us for the White on White Challenge at Southern Girls!

Shell~Alaska♥
SGC~DT