Jan 4, 2012

The Need for a Routine....

Hello Everyone.

I am desperate to return to a routine of my days, where I am in Charge!!!
The Holiday period finishes today, but things will not settle until Monday probably, and to be pathetically honest, I cannot wait.
 I wallow in the Christmas festivities, but I have had enough now and I need to start creating on a regular basis.
Is anyone else of this disposition or is it just me being  petulant and peevish as I get older?

Age is relevant this month as I become a year older, Crap!...  The negative reaction tells you I am not too thrilled, but the positive is that I am having a weekend away with Rob to a Beach Resort and Spa North of Auckland.
Plus, and it's a biggie I have tickets to see Ronan Keating live for a one off show, so having a birthday is not so bad after all when I think about it!

That is my introduction, now for the content.....

 I am starting the Year with good intentions, extending myself to my nemesis genre CAS.
It goes against the grain not to layer as you all know, but I am living with this one.
 A huge step for me!


A 'Thank You' card designed with a soft feminine touch and clean lines.
I have not used a butterfly on a card for so long, I added one here to create movement, and the lace for texture.
All the elements I love on a card.





















 I have white embossed the butterflyand placed a trail of pink bling.
The border is Ribbon, Lace, Punch.
(where is a recipe Challenge when I need one!!!!!).
The punch is Fiskars.
Sentiment is Inkadinkado.



And the Ending...

Challenges entered are:

Shabby Tea Room   Week #95 - 'Time Flies'  

CASE Study Challenge #71  Decmber Muse is Amy Sheffer.

Top Tip Tuesday   Challenge #67 - Anything Goes!

Stampalot January Challenge    'Monochromatic'


DDCC #145-My Favourite Things- The Stamping Boutique   

Have a great week and welcome to all my new followers, I hope you are inspired.
Smiles:)

23 comments:

Dawn said...

Well done Sue. I am suitably impressed. All that wonderful white space. Your butterfly certainly gives an impression of movement and all the layers of ribbon, lace and punched card works well. I'm sure you were itching to added some stitching or some patterned paper. RESIST that urge! It is perfect like this.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, Sue, this is such a beautiful card--You are amazing!!! xo Cindy

Rosemary said...

well sue... i think embracing your nemesis genre CAS has turned out quite well indeed! your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! everything about your card is a perfect example of CAS! good luck with all the challenges! smiles!!!

Teresa Kline said...

This is so gorgeous, I adore the simple beauty.....yes, I like having a routine, you are not alone. Hope your week is fabulous!


enjoy *~*

Mynnette said...

This is absolutely perfectly feminine! GORGEOUS card--that butterfly is to die for! LOVE that sentiment, too! :) Beautiful job!!! Found you via TTT! :)

Evelyn S. said...

Sue...this is delicate and beautiful! It definitely has your mark on it! The lacy edge is so pretty. (My birthday was 3 days after Christmas...CRAP! ;-) Just can't stop the inevitable, though.)

brenda said...

Very elegant indeed Susan and as you say nice soft feminine lines.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous card, Susan, so pretty and elegant. I love the butterfly. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

Lynne x

Jacqueline said...

Love it!! Don't blame you for using a butterfly on your card, it does create movement and they can't be missed for too long!
Happy New Year Sue!!

Barb said...

Ah, Sue, what a lovely post this is. I think there are many of us who feel the same way - needing a routine after a busy holiday season. And it's wonderful to start seeing butterflies pop up on some cards lately. With the holidays, they seem to disappear. This CAS card is really beautiful! I have a feeling your nemesis genre will quickly become a friend in this new year! Hugs! :)

Sally H said...

so beautiful! Thanks so much for entering your elegant creation into this months monochromatic challenge at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

pinky said...

Very beautiful, love the wave to the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

Mary J said...

I hate routine and just can't get back into it!!

Your card is so beautiful Sue, the lace and border punch with that very pretty butterfly - gorgeous!

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful card, its so pretty. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Manuela said...

Wow, this card is absolutely stunning! I love this CAS style, it looks fantastic!!
Thanks for playing with us at DDCC this time!

Cindy Holshouser said...

This is beautiful. I really love the layers on the bottom of the card. Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room.

Lisa M said...

Oh Onion,
You are not alone is the quest for quiet, scheduled, routine crafting time. I am nearly back to a "predictable" lifestyle, it has helped that the kids went back to school too.
I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday, whenever the day arrives, and hope to see pictures of said gorgeous retreat. ;)
Your CAS venture has obviously kicked off to an amazing start!! That butterfly trail of movement is PERFECT!!! What a keen and creative idea. :D
hugs to you my friend and I can't wait to see more layers....

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Also, if you have a TIP you’d like to share you'll be eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. Check out the details when linking.
Lisa xx
Come by and visit us next week. We'd love to see you again!

Caroljenks said...

This is absolutely beautiful - very stylish :)

Your birthday plans sound amazing! I'd have for a 'big one' if it meant I could go off to a spa AND see RK live! ...I'm still anticipating George Michael rescheduling his tour :(

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge and don't forget we also give a prize to the best Top Tipper - see TTT for details on how to win!

Hope to see you back soon :)

Carol x

Hanne said...

Such a beautiful card! Lovely details!
Hanne

Sandy said...

Hey pretty Sue! Now this is gorgeous.
Sandy

Tracy said...

A Really Gorgeous Monochromatic creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sheri said...

What beautiful layers and butterfly! Thanks for joining us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

Francesca said...

Lovely entry for our Monochromatic challenge
thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca