Jan 15, 2012

My White Space......

Hello Everyone

'love all that white space"... a statement that can cause an allergic reaction!


Now I am not going to continue the saga of my deficiencies in CAS because I am beginning to get a little too tiresome and repetitious even for me, so I am thinking it must be irksome for you as well.

So forward we march....... left right, left right.... and head on into this wonderful genre called
Clean a Simple; a most perplexing Acronym.

Chrissie and Mandi at Less is More have had the need to exert the rules with this Challenge by stating  Remember to add NO additional layers and to keep embellishments to a minimum.

Gosh I felt a little wrap on the knuckles when I read this, as last week I did not adhere to the rules with my Purple creation.

I AM trying, and I think I am improving.

I have to thank my friend Rosie (take a look at her blog you will not be disappointed).
She has been my advocate in this area as she creates the most classical CAS cards, that you can only be stimulated by and inspired to at least try to parallel.

The Challenge at
Less is More   Week 50 One Layer - Bird.

I have given it centre stage as I am pleased as punch with this creation.
Can you see my white space, and it is ALL on ONE LAYER!
Can you see it everyone, it is there in plain White, and there is absolutely nothing, not even a gem or anything close that resembles an embellishment.
I definitely qualify with this creation.

Here is a close-up

My WHITE space.
I am also entering this card into :

Penny Black Saturday Challenge...Week 184 Anything Goes.

I coloured up the stamps with Faber Castell Big Brush Markers before stamping onto my card, then I filled in the branch with vintage photo distress ink with a water brush.
These are the stamps I used 
Penny Black (natures day)
Rubadubbadoo (Sentiment and dots)


 Have a great weekend and thanks for all your wonderful comments on my written word.
I close with
Smiles:)

21 comments:

cardcreationsnz said...

A wonderful CAS card. The bird image looks lovely. Love the edging too.

cardcreationsnz said...

Sue, after seeing your post with your amazing CAS card, I decided to have a go myself and try and make a card for the Less is More challenge. I wanted to say thanks for inspiring me. I don't think it counts as a CASED card, as it is different, but if I should acknowledge it anyway, please let me know. If you are interested in seeing what I came up with, you can see it on my blog http://cardcreationsnz.blogspot.com/2012/01/cas-bird-card.html

Barb said...

YAY!! YIPPEE!! You did it, Sue!! And it is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so happy for you - I know just how much you've struggled with this style! I hope you win the challenge this time! It really is a very pretty card! :)

Dawn said...

Well done my friend.... you have made a beautiful CAS card. Love how you only used the bird and not the flowers from the stamp. And what a great idea to use the dots like that.

Chrissie said...

This is GORGEOUS!
A perfect CAS card... just love that white space.
Just to clarify a little... we only have a specifically one layer card once per month, but we always need the white space and the minimal embellies!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

L*I*S*A said...

wonderfull card.
lisa

Cheryl said...

oh this really is one beautiful CAS card hun that is one really gorgeous stamp hugs cherylxxxxx

Mary J said...

Oh Sue, this is so simply beautiful! Love it!

Zoe Sanderson said...

Completely and utterly charming, just thinking of using my pens in the same way great effect. XOXO Zoe

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue - love your CAS style!!

Brenda Brown said...

Very effective Sue, not a style I try to have a go at, but you have succeeded wonderfully.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card Sue
Margaret x

Rosemary said...

HOOORAY... you did it sue!!! you embraced the "white space"... wasn't that hard was it??? fabulous CAS card my friend!! (glad i played a little part in your CAS journey!) hugs & smiles!

Lisa M said...

Again, me and the bird thing....I might be biased, but it's truly easy on the eyes. Nicely done my friend. :)

Lynne said...

Gorgeous CaS card.
Lynne xxx

Mandi said...

Absolutely gorgeous Susan
Perfect!
Many thanks
mandi
"Less is More"

kath said...

beautiful card sue and I confess to being another CAS addict...thanks for joining in the fun at penny black saturday..hugs kath xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card sue...sweet bird stamp

Anne

walchowDesign said...

Congrats, Sue! You managed to keep everything to a minimum - it's difficult to get out of your comfort zone but you have done beautifully!

Seleise said...

stunning! I love, love, love that sentiment font - works perfectly with your wonderful card design!

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous!